Don't make me laugh!!

michbelle

I recently took my cherished (but not perfect) A2 to a garage in part exchange for a larger car that I was considering buying.
My A2 is mechanically sound but the interior, I admit, needs a bit of tlc. The fabric seats are stained, the rear window winder is missing, part of the parking brake gaitor is missing and the parking brake stud might need replacing. No big deal I thought. They offered me £500... which I laughed at, got into my car and came away. Apart from cosmetic things that could be improved she is fabulous but I don't live in her, I drive her and the ride is still as smooth as it was the day I bought her. How do I find out what her value is?

It is always hard to value a fellow club members car as we do not want to cause offence. However, if you post the cars model type, year, mileage and condition we may be able to hazard a price range for you.
Ta
Dave
:)

From the profile details, it looks like it is a 2001 1.4tdi SE with between 73-81k miles.

Without pictures or knowing what extras the car has, its hard to value.

Without a doubt it is worth more than £500.

She is a 1.4tdi SE, 51plate (reg 2001), 97k, split front bumper underneath, a few scratches and dints, no rust or anything worthy of repairing, interior would benefit from valet; nothing major (no burns or tears) just staining to fabric seats - she is a 14 year old car!

I would obviously advise you to keep the car and sort out the little niggles. If you really want to sell it then the price range is anywhere between £2,000 and £3,000. I know its a big gap but the average price at dealers for a reasonably quick sale is £2495 with the lowest being £1995. Dealers like to see a profit of around £1500 on a car so the offer of £500 for yours is about par for the course. Hope this helps.
Ta
Dave
:)

I'll get some pics uploaded so you can see.
The bottom line is I love my car, if you look through my old posts on here you will see that she hasn't always been easy, we had some niggles along the way but I sorted them out and she's been great for me. The only reason I was looking at moving on is that I have a grandchild on the way and my daughter has bought the most enormous 'travel system' (pram in old English) that need the whole of my backseat which leaves no room for baby.

I'm confused. Op location states Italy and profile says Manchester. Assuming it's a UK car and needing some interior TLC plus a new bumper I'd agree that 1500 or near offers would be a fair start.

Back