Half Zwo

6stings

A2OC Donor
Besause I have no front trim, yet.
Decided to take a chance on fitting the rear trim. Remus silencer and the real tip was fitted yesterday, but more adjustments had to be done...

More cutting and shaping

FullSizeRender - Copy (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (6) - Copy.jpg

FullSizeRender (7) - Copy.jpg

FullSizeRender (8) - Copy.jpg

This heavy steel bar had to be cut 2.5 cm on both sides, that really took time

FullSizeRender (9) - Copy.jpg

3 small screws holding the upper edge tight to the bumper cover, 2 screws on the bottom, these 2 match the 2 cover's screws in the middle

FullSizeRender - Copy (3).jpg

IMG_7038.jpg

HI D,

Thanks for posting this, it is very interesting to see mods like this.

Some people will hate it and others will like it.

I am not keen on the fake pipe though, I would have to try and find some way of connecting that up !!

But I have always said that the lower portions of the rear bumper make the rear end look a bit bland and "chubby" (for want of a better word)
So I do like the effect on that.

I am almost tempted to go for something like that for the project, but it might just be a step too far for it.

Well done and thanks
Steve B

Thanks, Steve.

I know what you mean, like something was missing back there.

I'm not keen on the fake pipe either, but since the bumper cover needs to be cut on both sides, no matter if the exhaust has one or two real pipes, I guess I'll put the fake in that hole and see how it goes.

If I find time to fit the silencer with two pipes, I'll do it, the rear trim will be there.

It remains to glue the trim and paint it, if the weather gets better soon.

Just got an email from Susanne from Zwo, they have no A2 kit leftovers, unfortunately.

Cheers
D

I like the look. Would not be tempted to do it to my own cars as for A2 I like OEM+, but that's a subtle and stylish upgrade.

How about having a custom ss exhaust fitted that exits through the centre of the bumper? That would be just as cool. :)

I think you would have to modify a lot to do that, if you don't want the pipe to hang extremely low.
To me, it was more about the trim itself than the exhaust.

I see no change in performance, at least not during the test drives.
I have no idea if the performance is improved with Remus on 1.4 and 1.4TDI, I'm happy with 1.6FSI performance as it is.
The sound with Remus is almost the same, just a little lower, but not noisy or roaring at all. I don't need noise, it would probably cause me trouble on the next EU-control, which is in autumn.

The Zwo/Remus end pipe can be fitted to the Audi silencer too, but the original end pipe has to be sacrificed.
That option I had as a back up, in case I couldn't fit the Remus right.

I wish I can find Zwo front trim, but where?

Cheers,
D

When i had my remapped 90 i had a Miltek ss exhaust fitted and it was very similar in that there was not much extra noise. It had more of a roar and turbo could be heard a bit more too.

The rear pipe was hidden like the original though.

The good and the fake :)
Lot of measuring with the fake one, it took time making and fitting a little L shaped bracket, not exactly L, the angle is 75 degrees.
The L bolted to the fake and under the big heavy bar, using the bar's screw.
Looks good to me, even without the trim.

FullSizeRender (11) - Copy.jpg

FullSizeRender (12) - Copy.jpg

Cheers,
Darko

I like IT I wish I could have got hold of this kit when I had this exhaust made with a sports cat....

image.jpg

I no longer have this on the car it sounded great but the wasn't fitted very well! It was too low and all over the place at 1st
This isn't the finished picture I later raised it up more and painted the centres black I lt did look pretty good but in the end I got fed up with the noise, I couldn't drive quickly with out people looking and it made me drive like a kn#b to be honest because I loved the sound it made, no good for my poor car my license of other road users!

I really like your kit it looks like it is suppose to be there. Maybe just get something made that can direct some exhaust smoke near to the fake one so it comes out? It will stand out ont the cold days!

Good job.

Last edited:
Thanks, Scott.
I think the pots on your A2 were little low, but they did the job of covering the view to the rear springs.
I saw one nice silver A2 1.4TDI here with the Remus exhaust and a double pipe on left side only. The black rear trim bottom was nicely cut and shaped to make place for the pipes. It wasn't noisy at all.
I don't think I'll direct the smoke anywhere, I'm glad I managed to make this work, without taking the car apart :)

The good and the fake :)
Lot of measuring with the fake one, it took time making and fitting a little L shaped bracket, not exactly L, the angle is 75 degrees.
The L bolted to the fake and under the big heavy bar, using the bar's screw.
Looks good to me, even without the trim.

View attachment 18920

View attachment 18921

Cheers,
Darko

The fake pipe you can still make it to the right side of your damper , there should be only a hole and weld on a flange.

Thanks, Scott.
I think the pots on your A2 were little low, but they did the job of covering the view to the rear springs.
I saw one nice silver A2 1.4TDI here with the Remus exhaust and a double pipe on left side only. The black rear trim bottom was nicely cut and shaped to make place for the pipes. It wasn't noisy at all.
I don't think I'll direct the smoke anywhere, I'm glad I managed to make this work, without taking the car apart :)

Yes they we're horribly low! Il this is only the picture just after them being fitted. I took the car back and asked them to move the tips up higher and make the tips stick out the same lengths! The company was useless but did sort them out a bit for me after a bit of moaning! I can't find a finished pic of them but they did look a bit better in the end! I paid £750 for the custom exhaust to be made and two years later it went to the scrap man!

Back