How to disable the remote key operating the windows

Hi,

Most people know that if you hold down the unlock button on the remote it will lower all of your windows and if you hold down the lock button on the remote it will close all windows.

This is a bit of a "Marmite" option, many people like it, but some people don't!

I like it because as you approach the car on a hot day you can open the windows as you get near the car.

BUT if you lay on the settee with the keys in your pocket you can easily open the windows of your car without knowing it.
On a wet day that would be a nightmare (not to mention an "open" invitation to a thief.)

So I have been asked to see if there is a way to disable this via VCDS and I THINK I have found a way.

If you have VCDS connected and the ignition on, select Central convenience unit from the control functions
Then click on "Coding"

NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT !!!!! Write down the number in the coding field because if you mess up you might want to go back to how it was.

To disable the remote window operation altogether, just take 64 away from the number that is displayed and then click on "do it" and exit.

Hey presto, no matter how long you hold down your unlock button the windows will no longer auto open.
Similarly you will not be able to auto close them via the remote afterwards.

It is surprising what you can find out if you have a dig arount this great little car.

I am now going to look for other interesting option!!! I don't think there are many but it is worth looking.

Cheers
Steve B

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this. I am looking to get the opposite result, to (re)activate this function. Allow me to share some details, I started having issues (not starting), I bought a new battery, then found out my battery was good (better than the new one since it's 80 not 40), next checked the fuses for the starter, then changed the starter and found out it was the ground (earth) that was causing the whole thing. That said... I had to "reprogram" my 2 keys (fob) with the whole button pressing procedure. Before the battery was disconnected, my windows were opening and closing from the fob and the driver's window had the "auto" function (it would go all the way down or up with a short touch of the button) and now that's also absent. I have no access to a programming tool and I was wondering if there is a sequence of "button pressing" to reactivate my beloved features.
Many thanks.

yes. Press the window all the way down. Hold at the fully down position for at least 2 seconds. Now put it all the way up and hold again. Bring it back down and you should be good to go.

Repeat on both sides. The TSG loses the "up" and "down" positions when you disconnect the battery.

Regarding teh entry post, a post from the German forum from 2006. I've added translations and no, I don't know what USA logic is.

{Komfortsystem}

Steuergerät Codierung

STG 46 (Komfortsystem) auswählen
STG Codierung -> Funktion 07

+00001 - DWA Abschaltung via FFB möglich - turn off alarm from remote possible
+00002 - DWA schärfen quittieren (Blinker) - alert to alarm on with indicators
+00004 - Sicherheitszentralverriegelung (SZV) - secure central locking (double lock)
+00008 - Diebstahlwarnanlage (DWA) verbaut - there is an alarm present
+00016 - Heckklappe ab 5 km/h verriegeln - lock the boot as of 5km/h
+00032 - Autom. Verriegeln ab ca. 15 km/h - auto lock all doors at 10 mph
+00064 - Komfortschließen/ -öffnen über Funkfernbedienung - allow opening of windows via remote
+00128 - Rechtslenker - RHD
+00512 - Verriegelung via FFB quittieren (Blinker) - blink indicators when locking
+01024 - DWA schärfen quittieren (Horn) - beep the horn when the alarm is armed
+02048 - Fensterheber USA Logik - USA logic for the windows
+04096 - Entriegelung via FFB quittieren (Blinker) - blink indicators when unlocking
+16384 - SZV nur über Schließzylinder - double-lock only via a key barrel

- Bret

I can understand that this window down hold, window up hold will teach the cccu where the down and up window positions are and once these are known then the window auto up / down will be enabled, but i'm unclear as to how/why the CCCU would loose the adaptation setting (loose the 64 from the adaptation setting) which is the windows controlled via the remote, as my understanding was that the CCCU adaptation is stored in an eeprom and therefore removing the battery would have nil affect on it.
Am I missing something here ?

Cheers,

the 64 would not be lost. The TSGs themselves seem to store the endpoints in volatile memory, which is why they are then lost should power be cut completely. Without the endpoints the system refuses to do comfort open / close and one-shot down or up also does not work.

- Bret

Back