Question: How to save the bottom?

6stings

A2OC Donor
It has been done before, I'm sure, I just can't find the thread.

When I removed the rear exhaust silencer it was not just covered with the dirt, it looked like it was dipped into concrete!

While the exhaust from the engine bottom to the rear axle was completely clean!

It took me few hours with the Kärcher to remove the stuff from the silencer and the pipes attached to it. The concrete was almost 1 cm thick.

Is there a way to make some kind of spoiler or cover that would reduce the accumulation of the dirt on the bottom side?
And where to mount it?

Appreciate your help!

Cheers
Darko

There was a thread on the German forum about covering the entire bottom of the car for aerodynamic reasons, that'd probably do it but I bet that isn't what you're looking for!

I would guess the problem is dirt sprayed up from the rear wheels.

MikeMars comment got me thinking of the finnish (?) guy who built a 2L Audi A2. Check if he has done something to the bottom of his car.

What are the search words, can't find it with '2L A2'?

Cheers,
D

The search engine on here ignores words of less than 3 characters, so words such as key, fob, oil etc. are all ignored.
It is sometimes better to search via a normal google search, perhaps including "A2OC" in the search if you only want to find things on here.

Steve B

Thanks Gustav! Interesting mods, he has covered the whole bottom and more. But how can the computer fan cool the radiator, I wonder :)

Skål!
D

Back