Nose job

6stings

A2OC Donor
It was easier than I thought.
Didn't have to cut anything or change the screws.

image.jpg

Just the grill and surround.
I tried the new grill and the old surround first, but it was not deep enough as the slatted grill surround.
It fits ok, but leaves the gap between the top edge and the surrounding, not easy to see on the photo:

image.jpg

These 'hinges' on the aluminum rod can be moved to release the grill, so I played a little with that.
A little silicone spray and a few punches and they can slide to the side, they are not bolted to the rod, just sit tight on it.

Took the grill off again, fitted it to it's own surrounding and clicked and bolted to the bonnet.

Last edited:
Yes, I've done just this action on my Partner's A2. The surround is different for the smooth and slatted types. The slatted type will fit the smooth grill surround, but it sits slightly proud and doesn't make a perfect fit. The smooth grill needs to be reduced a few mm's on the sides to fit flush in the slatted-grill surround. It is obviously better to keep to the dedicated frame for each grill type. The only reason that I have swapped the two is because I have done some mods to my smooth grill and preferred the profile of the slatted-grill's frame. I wonder why you haven't used the correct frame around your slatted grill? I does have the better profile?

David

It ended with the correct surrounding, David, I was just curious to see if the grills and surroundings were interchangable without modifications. They were not :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The finish line:

image.jpg

Well, the slatted grill will fit into the smooth grill's frame, "more or less". At least, my Partner seems to tolerate it! Generous of her to allow the swap!

David

Back