Double DIN Indicator Relay Location

wilco184

Member of the year 2015
Hello,

Where does the indicator relay fit on cars with a double DIN dash please?

I've had a good look and I can't see anything obvious. I couldn't find any information on here, just that it's more difficult to remove and replace on the double DIN dash, compared to the single DIN. :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Matt.

Hello,

Where does the indicator relay fit on cars with a double DIN dash please?

I've had a good look and I can't see anything obvious. I couldn't find any information on here, just that it's more difficult to remove and replace on the double DIN dash, compared to the single DIN. :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Matt.

Hi Matt,

It is in the same place as the single dash, but you have to take the radio out and then (I think) the climate control unit will give you the space you need to get at the relay .

(at least that is where I remember it being last time I changed one a couple of years back.)

Steve B

Hi Matt,

It is in the same place as the single dash, but you have to take the radio out and then (I think) the climate control unit will give you the space you need to get at the relay .

(at least that is where I remember it being last time I changed one a couple of years back.)

Steve B
With the radio out operate the indicators to give you a sound clue!

Yep, it's located in exactly the same place - it goes in sideways, and is a bit fiddly the first time.

Steve and Dan, many thanks for the help. :)

Unfortunately, I couldn't find where it's supposed to be mounted. As my dash is a retrofit, could it have been missing or is it part of the aluminium cage? I've got it mounted securely for now, but I'd like it to be done properly if possible.

Many thanks,

Matt.

Hi Matt,

I know that this is an old post but I thought the following may help others.

Just swapped my indicator relay unit (thanks for your initial help in this).

The double dash set up is a pain to get to the relay unit.
When you get to it, the electrical connector can be a pain to disconnect too.
But it is all doable and doesn't take long.

You need to remove the RNSE/ Radio unit, then the Climate panel, then the ashtray (the two screws for this are behind the thin plastic strip that pulls off, at the top of the ashtray).

The relay is mounted in the area between the Ashtray and the Climate panel you can just about see the top of it in this picture (highlighted).

Double DIN Relay.jpg

In the "factory" Double-Din it is held in a removable bracket (two screws highlighted here, One removed))
Double DIN Relay 2.JPG
Even with the bracket off, it is really tricky to get the relay out of it. It is better to get the electrical connector off first and then you can get the relay out of the bracket easier..

Steve B

Last edited:
Back