Cruise Control question

6stings

A2OC Donor
Guys, can an A3 8P CC be installed in A2?

a3 8p cc1.jpg

I have it in A3 and like that the CC is separated from the lights.

No - at least not in a cost effective way. The 8P stalk plugs into a central steering electronics module which on the A3, fits snug to the steering column. It doesn't fit the A2 and so the stalk can't come out of the trim panel at the correct place.

I have a separate stalk on my TT and also the integrated stalk on my A2. I like both equally and in fact the A2 stalk is probably less complicated, bizarre as it sounds, because the number of times I've either signalled using the cruise stalk, or flashed my lights using it is not funny.

Stick with the original A2 stalk - it works and it's very good.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael, if I get only the CC unit, will it function electronicaly? I'm sure I can find a way to fit it under the long stalk.

No - and there's no way to mount the small stalk below the A2 indicator stalk.

Well, not unless you decide to swap out the upper steering column from an old A3!

Cheers,

Michael

Understand! Thanks!

I guess I have to get the A2 CC stalk.
Do I have to get the clutch and the brake switches too, or they are factory installed in 2003 FSI?

All A2s have clutch and brake switches as standard because they are used for more than just part of the cruise system. Asking such questions would have me suggest that you seek the installation help of someone who knows about vehicle electronics and VW-group cars in general - cruise control is a safety critical part of the car and it could prove disastrous if you get wires crossed.

Cheers,

Michael

You are right about that, Michael! Maybe I ask too much, but I can't pretend that I know someting if I don't.
I can do stuff on Audis, but the electronics around ECU and other units, I sure need lot of help with these.

Many thanks!

No, ask away. It's just that I don't think we've ever had the query as to whether brake and clutch pedal switches would need to be bought before, and it kind of rings alarm bells over whether you're right to be thinking about carrying out this installation yourself that's all.

I wonder if this would work?

image.jpg

The A6 CC stalk and the wiper stalk looks like the same as A2 stalks.

Last edited:
An A6 CC stalk will be fitted soon. I'm doing it myself.

Many thank to Tom, who linked me to Andre in Germany, who linked me to guys in Sonsbeck, but I decided not to take a 1200 km trip to have it done :)

Last edited:
Guys, is this the right way to plug in the wires in A2 1.6 FSI:
Blue - 49
Red - 51
White - 52
Yellow - 55

Black - fuse 31

image.jpg

image.jpg

The contact numbers and fuse number are correct, but those wire colours are non-standard, meaning we cannot know whether that is correct or not. Did the wiring come with instructions?

Cheers,

Tom

The contact numbers and fuse number are correct, but those wire colours are non-standard, meaning we cannot know whether that is correct or not. Did the wiring come with instructions?

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks, Tom!
It's genuine Audi part as I can see, all with Audi logos and numbers, wire plugs too.
Maybe I'll figure out what goes where :)

Darko

I can't provide guidance on this at present as I am away with work. Perhaps a simpler option is if someone can give the pin connectors of the loom end that connects to the stalk and which pins they connect to on the ecu

Darko

I can't provide guidance on this at present as I am away with work. Perhaps a simpler option is if someone can give the pin connectors of the loom end that connects to the stalk and which pins they connect to on the ecu

Good idea! ...

FSI 55 - Stalk 4&7
FSI 51 - Stalk 3
FSI 49 - Stalk 2
FSI 52 - Stalk 5
Fuse 31 - Stalk 6

Cheers,

Tom

Excellent idea! Thank you guys!
Wire colours are decoded.

FSI 55 - A6 Stalk 4&7 = Yellow
FSI 51 - A6 Stalk 3 = Red
FSI 49 - A6 Stalk 2 = Blue
FSI 52 - A6 Stalk 5 = White

Fuse 31 - A6 Stalk 6 = Black

Now what??
All 4 connections (49, 51, 52 & 55) have already pins plugged in!?!?
I don't understand!? Does this mean that it's CC ready?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good that I started by checking this first and not pulling the steering wheel and the pannels off :)

Back