Led problem

hadi

A2OC Donor
Just fitting led bulbs inside back and front ones working, doing vanity one drivers side and got a wee spark putting the little heat shield back in, now slight sign of bulbs working , but something's wrong and it doesn't seem to be the fuse no 42 , any ideas ? Old normal bulb wouldn't light up either when put back in

The socket has reversed polarity. For a normal bulb the polarity is not important, while the LED lamp need to have 12+ and 12- connected right.

All the LEDs light but so dim you can hardly they are on, but worked fine till the little spark

If these are the ones in the "reading lights" that switch on when you press the on/off button by the bulb, then they cannot be reversed by turning the bulb around in the socket (because one connector in the centre of the end and the other is the bulbholder itself)

If it IS these bulbs then you either have to buy the correct ones for the A2 with the polarity set correctly or dismantle the bulb from the bulb holder and swap the wiring.

Steve B

All the LEDs light but so dim you can hardly they are on, but worked fine till the little spark

You may have blown a fuse, check the relevant fuse (there is a diagram on the link in the mechanical "How To" section.

Steve B

It was. The vanity light that sparked when I was working with it not the little map reading ones , fuse seems to be ok ? ?

Are you sure that you checked the correct fuse? If so try swapping it for another fuse of the same rating, you cannot always tell if the fuse has blown by a visual check

It really does sound like you have blown a fuse.

Steve B

That was my first thought, but when I pull the fuse which I assume is number 42 the slight sign of life in the bulbs go out and come on when I put fuse back in ? ? Tried the old filament bulb back in visor light and it didn't work either , very strange , better call for scooby doo and the mystery machine lol

This problem is now deepening , going to work this morning tried to switch heater on but unit appears dead no display or nothing , but auxiliary heater started up but not blowing due to heater unit dead, got in work all the relevant fuses are fine not blown ! ! Help :0/

Solved this problem, there are two different fuses listed under interior lights , the one that had blown was listed air con/ interior lights, whereas I just scanned down the list and found interior lights and that one was fine , Doh ! !

Back