Envious

redbull_a2

A2OC Donor
With the nice weather we have been having I have decided that I'm very envious of you lot who have OSS and climate and rear electric windows , i have neither and I'm expecting a bit of sympathy ;)

Who needs open sky it just burns the top of you head!

Climate is what you need ( I'm lacking both OS and rear windorws)

Only a little jealous really but all that extra weight, including the lump of steal slung beneath the rear bumper must affect the ride and economy too:p

Geoff

It could be said that there is little point in having Climate AND OSS together.

Because on a hot day, you want Air con on, but if you open the OSS, technically you shoukd switch off OSS. (Or you are air conditioning the road as you drive)

That is why there is a readonable proportion of A2s with OSS that do not have Climate.

Steve B

Agree with Sootywg, the extra weight must effect MPG and the handling / performance. + you've got speed ridges on your roof they haven't!!!
In Truth its scant consolation! id love OSS :(
Id gladly swap my 85k bench seated climate tdi90 for the Red storm tdi75 with bench and OSS we were gazumped on when looking. Didn't realise at the time but that's my Holy Grail A2.

Well at least you haven't got to worry about servicing those parts of the car, esp OSS which ends up permanently closed on a lot of cars anyway. :p

Was considering this conversion
d62307731e6ba293a4af3a78c051b670-box-unit-ac-installed-in-car.jpg

im considering buying a tin opener for my OSS mod. but i will have to put up with either air con or all 4 windows down or both :)

if the OSS was an easy task i reckon i would get this done! but it would probably be just as easy to buy a car that has it already installed.

its the only thing thats missing from my car now :( so i will have to envy other members cars in hope that steve will pass on his car to me when he decides to sell it but something tells me hes going to be mummified in it ;)

cammy

im considering buying a tin opener for my OSS mod. but i will have to put up with either air con or all 4 windows down or both :)

if the OSS was an easy task i reckon i would get this done! but it would probably be just as easy to buy a car that has it already installed.

its the only thing thats missing from my car now :( so i will have to envy other members cars in hope that steve will pass on his car to me when he decides to sell it but something tells me hes going to be mummified in it ;)

cammy

Try this one, one handed electric tin opener.

One_Handed_Electric_Tin_Opener.jpg

Try this one, one handed electric tin opener.

View attachment 19275

Nice one.

But joking aside Cammy (I don't say that very often!) the retrofit of an OSS is certainly do-able and there are members on here that would tackle it for you.
Not sure how much, but it may work out cheaper and easier (for you at least) than selling yours and trying to find another "holy grail".

Steve B

Love my open sky, its always open in the nice weather! But I have to be careful as I'm a baldie lol, so baseball cap is needed.

I just love my open sky, great now with the weather coming Good. Just needs a good service to keep it in good shape

I can send some sympathy as my OSS was siliconed shut by the previous owners' son after she said it got "stuck open"!

So, bank holiday Monday's job is to get the silicone out and see what happens (wish me luck!). As Steve B said, at least I have a light and airy interior .....it may be a Cabrio by Monday lunch!! ;);)

Back