Chorus Cassete single DIN ... what could I install as replacement?

a2vas

Hello guys,

The little A2 has a Chorus Radio Cassete single DIN installed.
The sound I have to admit is brilliant... I am wondering... if there is a sub somewhere there?... is there? as the base is very deep and undistorted.

Now the problem is I have not cassete tapes ... what so ever and CD's are plenty around.

I wanted to install a Symphony II ... but I just found out that I cannot just take out the tray out positioned below the Climate Control, as the climate control face plate has abnormal shape... and also seen that people here have changed the center console inorder to get it to fit. But then it means I need to get a new climate control ... as well as a console and a radio... (am I thinking correct?).

In the option I have to only install single DIN ... what are my options? Audi Concert Radio/CD?
Being my car is a January 2004 model, are there any models not compatible with the DIS the car has etc etc?

I would like to install a bluetooth telehpone installation too as it would be handy, or 3.5mm AUX input to play my music from my phone?

Thanks in advance.
Vasilis.

Hi, the best option is fitting a Xcarlink Bluetooth system to your Chorus.

You will then have smartphone music streaming, bluetooth handsfree, sd card, aux and usb for music playback.

The standard Audi system is superb!

Thanks Paul,

I will look into it, eBay search on the way already.

By the way is there a way to find the code for my Chorus radio? The car does not have any service book, has all the other books with several service invoices. I assume the code would have been somewhere there?

Cheers
Vasilis.

Thanks Paul,

I will look into it, eBay search on the way already.

By the way is there a way to find the code for my Chorus radio? The car does not have any service book, has all the other books with several service invoices. I assume the code would have been somewhere there?

Cheers
Vasilis.

The code is not in the service book, it is on the front inside cover of the entertainment / radio manual.

Steve B

Its a four digit code. If theres nothing written in the books you can get the code via ebay.

If you send me the serial number, i may be able to retrieve it for you. Worth a try for free?

So it is indeed Steve :) I found it inside the Audi Chorus Sound System Manual, there is a sticker behind the front cover :)
Thanks for the offer Paul.

I have looked for the Xcarlink Bluetooth system and they seem to go for about £100 ...
would they work better with a Chorus or a Concert would be best?

As far as i am aware they both work. Depends if you want to use cds?

I would just load up a sd card and use that.

Back