Just washed, clay-barred, machine polished and applied a sealant

a2vas

Today as I was working from home, I decided to kill some time, while on standby lol
So I washed the little one and I clay barred it.
Then I machine polished all the scratches, dings etc... and I was amazed with the results .. for an 11yo car is in brilliant condition body wise.
I then applied a quick coat of sealant, as I was running out of time and the weather is meant to get worse / rain any moment.
Here are some pictures.
By the way the car is not black. It is blue.. not sure how that blue is called though. But it does look reeally nice in flesh.
Sometimes it looks like charcoal black, sometimes it looks like grey, and sometimes it looks its actual colour deep dark blue lol.

The center cap is in the boot... as need to secure it properly, some clips are broken :(.

Attachments

• IMG_5314.JPG
    IMG_5314.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_5315.JPG
    IMG_5315.JPG
    372 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_5317.JPG
    IMG_5317.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_5318.JPG
    IMG_5318.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_5319.JPG
    IMG_5319.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_5320.JPG
    IMG_5320.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_5321.JPG
    IMG_5321.JPG
    357.5 KB · Views: 347
and some pictures from when it got cloudy... the problem is the car is too shiny to get a proper picture ... lol

Attachments

• IMG_5327.JPG
    IMG_5327.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_5328.JPG
    IMG_5328.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_5330.JPG
    IMG_5330.JPG
    329.6 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_5331.JPG
    IMG_5331.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_5332.JPG
    IMG_5332.JPG
    339.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_5334.JPG
    IMG_5334.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_5337.JPG
    IMG_5337.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_5338.JPG
    IMG_5338.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 305
Hi that looks great ----cobolt blue is the Audi name for it. It would be great to see it in the flesh at a social. cheers mike

thank you guys :)
Cobalt blue will write it down to have it handy if I need it in the future :)

By the way where is the next meet closest to me? Is it MK as per signature?

Yes MK, if you do go can you bring your clay bar a polish machine and do mine ;)

Great result.

Cheers Paul,
I need to get new pads for my rotary... I used the last good one for my A2.
I have a new compound meguiars cream to try ...

I am really preparing the "wrong" car .... as I am entering the Saab to the BHP Show at Lydden Hill it will be on a club stand.
And I have done nothing to it yet :( apart from clay barring... I need to paint the alloys, mirrors, engine plastics ... and polish etc.. ouch.

I can say almost 100% sure I will be at MK meeting. Once the details are published. Any ideas for dates?

Cheers Paul,
I need to get new pads for my rotary... I used the last good one for my A2.
I have a new compound meguiars cream to try ...

I am really preparing the "wrong" car .... as I am entering the Saab to the BHP Show at Lydden Hill it will be on a club stand.
And I have done nothing to it yet :( apart from clay barring... I need to paint the alloys, mirrors, engine plastics ... and polish etc.. ouch.

I can say almost 100% sure I will be at MK meeting. Once the details are published. Any ideas for dates?
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?26927-Invitation/page2 page 2. Post 16

Sat 23rd May 8am til late

Looks fantastic and what a stunning color!

My A2 is the first car that I will polish and wax on my own. It is such a small car and the glass roof make the task even easier. :)

You Cobalt Blue Metalic looks perfect! The color code LZ5Q.
Mine is full of scratches I can see only when it's clean, which lasts for about 30 minutes and than dust and dirt again.
I was looking forward to drive a clean car after winter, but now, they have grinded about 40 km of road preparing it for the new asphalt, so the dirt-story continues

Welcome A2vas to a great club!
I too have Cobalt Blue 1.6 Fsi, very hard colour to keep but well worth the effort when you stand back, great looking car, be nice to see you at the A2 open day, another member down south whoop woop !
Cheers jeff

Mine is full of scratches I can see only when it's clean, which lasts for about 30 minutes and than dust and dirt again.
I was looking forward to drive a clean car after winter, but now, they have grinded about 40 km of road preparing it for the new asphalt, so the dirt-story continues

Are they fine scratches? ie are they only on the clearcoat or do they go through?
If they limit them selves to the clear coat then they can be "easily" removed with a good dual action or rotary polisher and a good compound cream. Takes time... but well worth it.

Looks fantastic and what a stunning color!

My A2 is the first car that I will polish and wax on my own. It is such a small car and the glass roof make the task even easier. :)

Indeed ... the initial wax and polish takes time... but after that maintaining it and topping up the protection is peace of cake :)

Welcome A2vas to a great club!
I too have Cobalt Blue 1.6 Fsi, very hard colour to keep but well worth the effort when you stand back, great looking car, be nice to see you at the A2 open day, another member down south whoop woop !
Cheers jeff

Hi Jeff I know it is a pig to keep clean but once clean it is worth it. I think better though than my metallic black 407 Coupe I used to have.

By the way how did you manage to install cruise control? is it a BIG job? as I do a lot of motorway :) it would be convenient.

Try machine polishing it with a compound. Have a look at the pic of my old cobalt blue tdi in my members cars thread. That was post machine polishing. I had considered respraying it before doing so. You'll be surprised what you can get out with the hard audi paint.

Hi Jeff I know it is a pig to keep clean but once clean it is worth it. I think better though than my metallic black 407 Coupe I used to have.

By the way how did you manage to install cruise control? is it a BIG job? as I do a lot of motorway :) it would be convenient.
Didn't fit cruise myself as it's not my forte!
Timmus did mine for me and he is a great guy who's meticulous in his work, he is another member by the way, unfortunately for us he is up north but worked for me as I bought my FSI up that way, travelled to him and had it installed the same day!
There are others out there who can do it but I can only vouch for Timmus really (top man)
Well worth the install though with average speed cameras everywhere
Cheers jeff

Are they fine scratches? ie are they only on the clearcoat or do they go through?
If they limit them selves to the clear coat then they can be "easily" removed with a good dual action or rotary polisher and a good compound cream. Takes time... but well worth it.

Indeed ... the initial wax and polish takes time... but after that maintaining it and topping up the protection is peace of cake :)

They are all 'fine' to me, even those you can see from the moon!
I wish the climate and my milage could keep it ckean and scratchless, but it's impossible.
I enjoy when I can see more beautiful examples of the same car, like yours.
Mine, I'll keep it 'road worn' :)

Back