A2 Quiz

Alan_uk

A2OC Donor
I stumbled across an A2 UK Price List including all the options. So I typed them into a spreadsheet and tallied them up. Before I upload the list in a few days we could have a little quiz!

The price list is for a base 1.4 Petrol (i.e. not SE). The list is not dated but the On the Road price is £13,095 (all prices include vat) and the road tax is £100 (so that should help to date the list).

Q1. What date is the list (note 1)
Q2. What is the maximum number of options you could choose (note 2)
Q3. What is the additional price of all these options (note 3)

Note 1: I don't know the answer myself to Q1 - one for our experts
Note 2: where there are mutually exclusive options (e.g. leather or Satellite cloth) then count as 1
Note 3: where there are mutually exclusive options then presume the most expensive one is chosen (e.g. leather)

OK, the answers for Q2 and Q3 are available on the net, but be brave and don't cheat!

Last edited:
Q1 I am not sure that the TDI was advertised at £13,095 list, the 1.4 petrol was (in early 2001 when we bought our tdi) but not the diesel as far as I know.
The TDI was a little dearer than £13,095, I THINK.
But if you have the price list then I must be wrong (no surprise there)

Steve B

Last edited:
As far as Q2 and Q3, if I was to guess and get it right (no chance) I would be accused of googling it, If I guess it and get it wrong, then I am showing just how little I know about the A2?

But in the spirit of the fun element of this

Q2 - 20
Q3 - £4,500

Steve B

Steve, thanks for being first to stick your neck on the line ;)

Come on everyone else, be brave!

Question 1 - 2001
Question 2 - 37
Question 3 - £8,150

Whats the prize for the closest guess? :p

Q1 - March 2001 and Steve is right, the price is for a 1.4 petrol.

Ops! (red face). Yes, the price is for the petrol. Sorry about that chaps. I will amend the original post. The base 1.4 TDi was £14,105 on the road, just over a £1,000 more than the petrol.

The price list has an error on it as it doesn't make it clear that with 'Sat Nav Plus' you get DIS included, taken at face value that adds £205 plus one option.

If DIS is included with Sat Nav Plus then wont it **reduce** the no. options by 1 and the total price of the options by £205.

I can't see many people choosing Sat Nav Plus and being caught out by paying twice for DIS given the eye watering price of the Sat Nav

Last edited:
Oh dear, what with all the running about to get my suspension sorted before the MOT I forgot to post the answers. Here they are:

Q1. What date is the list [for a Base model 1.4 petrol at £13,095]
Note 1: I don't know the answer myself to Q1 - one for our experts

Consensus Steve was correct at March 2001. I subsequently came across a price list dated Jan 2003 and the price had hardly risen; it was then £13,145.

Q2. What is the maximum number of options you could choose
Note 2: where there are mutually exclusive options (e.g. leather or Satellite cloth) then count as 1

Answer is 32 or 31 if with 'Sat Nav Plus' you get DIS (as stated by ULP)

Again Steve is the nearest at 37

Q3. What is the additional price of all these options
Note 3: where there are mutually exclusive options then presume the most expensive one is chosen (e.g. leather)

It's £11,636 or £11,431 if with 'Sat Nav Plus' you get DIS

Nobody came near this answer. Probably because it seems difficult to image all the options almost doubling the price to £24,731.

So I the honours go to Steve :)

I also checked the price of the petrol SE with all the remaining options and it's £24,446 (£285 cheaper than buying the Base and adding all the options).

And the Base petrol + SE options is £15,450 compared to the SE cost of £15,045 (£405 cheaper to by the SE).

Spreadsheets attached (as pdf - can't upload xls).

Corrected as per ULP comments:
- You've added 'leather' along with the 'leather Sports seats', the former should be omitted
- you've also Symphony and Sat Nav+, again the former should be omitted (you can't have both!)

Attachments

• Optional Extras Pricing for Base 1.4 Petrol model.pdf
    6.3 KB · Views: 230
  • Optional Extras Pricing for SE 1.4 Petrol model.pdf
    5.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Back