Navigation Plus part number?

6stings

A2OC Donor
Just saw one listed for sale over here, with the multifunctional steering wheel and Navigation Plus, looks like they came with these options too.

23_247019666_xl.jpg

23_1315553862_xl.jpg

I have no use for a 4-spoke steering wheel, but the Navigation Plus looks like a fine upgrade.

What's the part number, guys?

Just saw one listed for sale over here, with the multifunctional steering wheel and Navigation Plus, looks like they came with these options too.

View attachment 19442

View attachment 19443

I have no use for a 4-spoke steering wheel, but the Navigation Plus looks like a fine upgrade.

What's the part number, guys?

I could be wrong but the navigation plus would have cost an additional £2000 on the list price - nice option to have.
Ta
Dave
:)

For info, If you have DIS, a TMC module is needed to go with the Nav+ head unit. It acts as the CAN gateway which enables the navigation directions to be seen in the DIS display.

Cheers Spike

For info, If you have DIS, a TMC module is needed to go with the Nav+ head unit. It acts as the CAN gateway which enables the navigation directions to be seen in the DIS display.

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike, I have no idea what a TMC might be, but it's noted! I have a DIS, a little different than on my 2008 A3, but yes, I can click enough info up and down

Hi Darko,

For information, whilst the RNS-D pictured is a nice upgrade, most people retrofitting sat nav tend to install the RNS-E unit from later Audi's. The nav system is supposed to be much faster than that of the RNS-D, but I have no first hand experience of the difference. As I say, just something to think about! :)

There's some more information about RNS-E, here. http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?27313-RNSE-and-Double-DIN-Dash-Retrofit

Regards,

Matt.

I often wonder if in years to come, when the A2 has full classic status, the purists will frown on any non-standard upgrades and RNS-d will be more desirable than the technically superior RNS-e.

Cheers Spike

I often wonder if in years to come, when the A2 has full classic status, the purists will frown on any non-standard upgrades and RNS-d will be more desirable than the technically superior RNS-e.

Cheers Spike

there will be some purists, so you are probably right about them. But I doubt if the A2 will ever be a tie classic that is worth any substantial money.

Yes some may end up in museums (standard ones) but they are too usuabke to be wrapped in cotton wool and cherished.
I think that the A2 will be a very different type of classic car, one that can be used rather than it being just s "garage queen".

But since it was way ahead of its time and a big step forward, they have earned a place in any motor museum already, let alone in the future.

Steve B

Hi,

The 282K 2001 (Rescue) TDI I bought has had the original Audi SatNav option fitted by the factory, but it only currently has a concert radio headunit.

I can only imagine that the original navigation one failed and was replaced, but since it is a single din dashboard it must have been tricky to enter destinations etc.

Does anyone know what headunit would have been used? It obviously isn't an RNS D because that is only available as a double DIN unit.

It would be nice to restore that function if possible and I am assuming that the single DIN head units are quite rare.

Any help, comments or suggestions would be welcomed.

Just to confirm that the boot CD player unit is still there (complete with CD) and seems to be still functional (Loads and unloads the CD and illuminates), The nice little centre tray is also there and the navigation buttons light up, but they seem to be stuck down (Probably after many drink spills)

It is not going to be a lot of use (especially with the old CD (and therefore maps) from many years ago) , but since it just seems to be missing the headunit I thought it worth trying to get it up and running again?

Cheers
Steve B

Steve I don't think the audio head unit had anything to do with the navigation that's operated from controls in the centre console. It's done through the DIS only. Not seen one operating on an A2 but have played with this model of navigation on an older A8 I drove many years back.

Steve I don't think the audio head unit had anything to do with the navigation that's operated from controls in the centre console. It's done through the DIS only. Not seen one operating on an A2 but have played with this model of navigation on an older A8 I drove many years back.

Thanks for that Murdo, that is a surprise!!! A nice one too because I can try and get it all working again and that would be a nice result.

If anyone has the manual for this that I could beg steal or copy (or buy) that would be perfect.

Steve B

When I saw the nav centre tray on this car I thought it would make a very useful addition for those looking for a space for switches as well as the centre tray.

Interesting to see them still available new from Audi Tradition and at a reasonable price (slightly cheaper than the usual double DIN tray too.

It would give you two small storage areas plus a place where you could fit some extra switches should you need them (heated seat switches even perhaps.

Just a thought!

Steve B

centre cover.jpg

Thanks for that Murdo, that is a surprise!!! A nice one too because I can try and get it all working again and that would be a nice result.

If anyone has the manual for this that I could beg steal or copy (or buy) that would be perfect.

Steve B
3917456ae0c0b09b24b199b7a3eb5437.jpg
3a39207dc90904b17f79345b866c3f7e.jpg

Unsure if this is what you wanted, quick guide booklet, user manual here too, happy to photograph all pages and email them if required.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

3917456ae0c0b09b24b199b7a3eb5437.jpg
3a39207dc90904b17f79345b866c3f7e.jpg

Unsure if this is what you wanted, quick guide booklet, user manual here too, happy to photograph all pages and email them if required.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

That is perfect thanks, that is VERY kind of you. Seeing as they are no longer available for sale there should be no copyright problems.

Thanks

Steve B

I had this sat nav in my Audi TT and it was not a unique head unit , it was s***e too

Last edited by a moderator:
Back