'About My Car'Template suggestion for socials

Vonnie

A2OC donor
I have made a starting stab at creating a template for socials that can be used and it can have either a white or a black background selected, but i can't attach PowerPoint files to the forum, if anyone is interested I can email it or try and upload it as a zip file.

Here's a sample of one saved as an image (click the thumbnail for a better view)
Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 11.49.35.png

And the .zip file with the PowerPoint file
View attachment MyA2-Template-v3.zip

Last edited:
I have made a starting stab at creating a template for socials that can be used and it can have either a white or a black background selected, but i can't attach PowerPoint files to the forum, if anyone is interested I can email it or try and upload it as a zip file.

Here's a sample of one saved as an image (click the thumbnail for a better view)
View attachment 19483

Hi Vonnie,

I am getting an "Invalid Attachment" message when I try and open it.

Steve B

Try now I think when I change the location of the post the image link was lost

Much Betterer !!!!

Ta Muchas.

looks good.

I guess that people can choose to have one or more pictures, depending on their preference, so it should work for everyone?

What size sheet would you think is best?

Steve B

It's been designed for an A4 sheet as I thought the print would be too small for A5 and most people's printers do A4, and yes the picture placeholders can be deleted/resized as required.

It's been designed for an A4 sheet as I thought the print would be too small for A5 and most people's printers do A4, and yes the picture placeholders can be deleted/resized as required.

Hopefully some members will give this a try. We can then adapt it for use in the social events perhaps, if it is popular (as I imagine it will be with many members).

Steve B

Hopefully some members will give this a try. We can then adapt it for use in the social events perhaps, if it is popular (as I imagine it will be with many members).

Steve B
I'll open the PowerPoint file on a PC tomorrow, zip it and add to the start of this thread for anyone that wants it.

I Have had a go at using the template that Vonnie has kindly put together.

It is simple to use and looks pretty good.

Here is a draft of mine (I tried to fit the spec into the space in the box but the list is so long that the font size makes it unreadable. But I thought that I might keep it like that in a "Steve B" attempt at humour

Sorry about the picture of me

Steve B

The Project.jpg

Attachments

• The Project.jpg
    The Project.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
You should win a prize for the longest spec list Steve! Even if I listed all the SE options and the upgrades my list wouldn't be that long.

You should win a prize for the longest spec list Steve! Even if I listed all the SE options and the upgrades my list wouldn't be that long.
LOL
yes, but as I alwsys say, it is not the length that is important , it is what you do with it that counts.
I think I may even hold a record for the most money spent on an Audi A2 unfortunately (even when they were brand new)

Steve B

Hi All,
Since Steve has 'tested' the template I've made some amendments, and you now have the option of a single of double column in either black or white for the 'About my car' function and I've tided up some of the alignment of the boxes as well.

Revised Black single coulumn looks like this now:
Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 11.49.35.png

I've also added a .zip file to the first post, if anyone has trouble with the zip file message me with your email address and I will email it out to you.

Thanks Yvonne.

How do you upload your template?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you upload your template?
I cheated, I just took a screenshot and saved it as a picture and uploaded that.
But I think the aim is to print them for socials etc.

perhaps ps we should have yet another section on the forum for "Me and my car"? Or perhaps just upload them to the "member's cars" section?

Steve B

Managed to save the PP as a different file type (ie jpeg) which I could then attach. Couldn't find a 70's pic of me with a moustache I'm afraid.

Slide1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Paul,

I can knock this up in PowerPoint, drop me a PM if you can regarding emailing me a photo for the slide deck

Hey Paul,

I can knock this up in PowerPoint, drop me a PM if you can regarding emailing me a photo for the slide deck

Hi Paul/Hass the original file in the .zip file is a PowerPoint already and has been set so all that Paul would need to do is click on a box and select his photos and then click in the box and type up his car spec.

Equally Paul if you want to send me some photos and details of your spec I can insert them for you as well.

Yvonne

Cheers Vonnie,

I meant I could use the template you kindly provided already in PowerPoint format and add Paul's details. Looks like we've been beaten to the punch anyway

Back