How to remove turbocharger Audi 1.4TDI AMF

Hi All

My Turbocharger has died - lots of oil came out of pipes. I want to do step by step tutorial how to change a turbocharger but I'm stuck on the beginning. I need to know how to get in to it to disassemble. Please help

I think the two links have it covered. I've done this and in all honesty its not too bad as long as long as you are able to work blind as a lot of it is dis-assembly behind the engine up against the bulkhead. One thing I did struggle with was replacing the oil feed pipe (oil filter housing around the RHS of the engine), Audi struggled to supply the right part and its very busy with other pipes etc but visibility is good down the side of the engine.
If I remember any other pitfalls I'll post them
Good luck
Jonathan

OK. Thanks I did found a manual but problem is to get it to it. Did anyone managed to do it without removing or lifting engine up? or disassemble something else? I will do tutorial with pictures if I will do it (I mean when) I did took off EGR and some pipes under but it is so small space to do anything.
Any one got any pictures how to do step by step? Thanks

Hi
I'm afraid you need to disasemble a bit more. I didn't take any photos but from memory the intake manifold comes off next, the heat shield comes off with it. Then you can undo the bolts for the turbo.
With the intake manifold off the turbo comes out over the top ( don't forget to remove the air intake - thats a ****** on its own) no need to lift or remove the engine.
Not sure but there may be a removal from below method but i think you would have to remove the driveshaft
Good luck
Jonathan

My A2 1.4tdi 75 2003 drops into limp mode when accelerated hard or at about 70+ mph and resets when restarted - I am going to replace the mass flow meter and also clean the Turbo vanes but am having difficulty getting at it from the top. the manual above states: "Disconnect cowl panel grille" but I can't see how to do that - is this the plastic trim below the windscreen? I am reluctant to pull it in case I damage it - my car has 95,000 miles. Any tips??

Mic355 I would suggest your problem is a split intercooler or pipework inc small vac lines to turbo rather than an actual turbo issue. Often the intercooler splits or the seal fails and allows it to leak when high boost is required. Cheers Mike

Hi there - did you manage to do the turbo yourself in the end? Mine just packed up yesterday on 228k miles.

My A2 1.4tdi 75 2003 drops into limp mode when accelerated hard or at about 70+ mph and resets when restarted - I am going to replace the mass flow meter and also clean the Turbo vanes but am having difficulty getting at it from the top. the manual above states: "Disconnect cowl panel grille" but I can't see how to do that - is this the plastic trim below the windscreen? I am reluctant to pull it in case I damage it - my car has 95,000 miles. Any tips??

Hi there, did you manage to sort this issue?

Back