Dog pee on seat!

chubuking

So we decided to take the dogs for a walk and to drive to somewhere nice in the little a2. Right before we got out we realised that one of the dogs decided to pee in the back seat right before we got out of the car. :mad:

We managed to clean it straight away with water, washing powder and some blue roll to soak up as much as possible but the smell still lingers! :(

The seats are made from cloth and I am hoping someone on this forum has some sort of experience of cleaning mess up in their a2. Any products or techniques I should try to get rid of the smell? :confused:

Thanks.

*ive just noticed I may have posted this in the wrong thread and it should be in Valet and detailing apologies....

Last edited:
If this remedy doesn`t work I am offering a set of seats free.
The member claiming them and who is picking them up on Saturday only really wants the fronts.
This means that he will need to find a home for the rears.
If you`re luck is in they may even be a colour match.
Cirrus grey and in good condition.

I use a Rug Doctor machine yearly to keep interior clean. Platinum cloth seats! Really works; ideal weather at the moment!

I can second the Rug Doctor using Star drops(with Ammonia) watered down really works. Gets water stains out too.

Yes Hank. B&Q do it too. Make sure you get a stair attachment too.

Last edited by a moderator:
*ive just noticed I may have posted this in the wrong thread and it should be in Valet and detailing apologies....

Don't worry about that, your post definitely relates to the interior, so it is fine.

"Urine" trouble enough! (sorry, it is the best I can do with this heavy cold)

Fabreeze and the like are probably best after the rug doctor.

Steve B

I'm not sure if there's a moisture membrane on the seats. I don't think so - therefore the foam base will have been affected by the doggie wee.

treating the surface therefore may not clean it properly. This sounds a bit harsh however I know Timmus has successfully cleaned a mega grubby set of seats in a car he was selling by power washing them. (Removed from the car obviously)!

That would dilute and wash all the smells out then let the seat drip dry over a couple of decent days. You'd just need to be careful not to direct the lance too close to the fabric as I suppose you could damage it.

I can recall the results he posted on here years ago having done the seats and the carpets and it was impressive.

If the wee hasn't reached the foam base fair play - a carpet shampoo machine or steam clean may do the trick. If there was enough volume of liquid for it to go through though - I think smells will linger unless you dilute it away.

Last edited:
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but i've just noticed your new avatar Manhatten. The wheels look huge. Have you got any pics you can post?

Thanks for all the replies, I have tried using baking soda which has worked really well and the rug doctor also looks a good idea. If need be the back seat will have to be taken out and given a thorough wash but I'm sure a few of the remedies suggested may do the trick!

Back