Audi driver international show 2015 main thread

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all Audi driver international show is as always at Castle Combe circuit, nr Chippenham, Wilts. further details see below.

http://www.audidriverinternational.co.uk

Here is a selection of my images from previous years show
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151944581603944.1073741830.577838943&type=1&l=af395924a9

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151209004873944.481192.577838943&type=1&l=63a0c95239

no login required just enjoy. The show is the Saturday - the Friday night meal is just for those that are close or are staying at the hotel in readiness for the Saturday show.
The show follows the very simple typical car show format. With the different car clubs having pitches. These pitches are located close to the track at castle Combe in the paddock area. There are a few trade stands there to tempt the pound out your pockets. BUT THE BIG DRAW IS being Able to view the action on the track. Audi uk usually have one or two of their test pilots offering white knuckle rides around the circuit in the high performance versions of the cars. Some of the fastest modified audis also go out and are a sight to be seen and heard.
Track time is offered at £TBC per session - you need to have a helmet. If any members are interested pm me and I'll see if we can get a group session (12 a2's needed)
In the afternoon they usually offer a kids session where you can take the kids (yours or borrowed) around the circuit. At the end if the day there is usually a parade lap (in fact usually 3) where all the clubs form a line and drive the track -at a steady pace. No helmet required.
Hope this helps to entice you to come. Cheers mike

To those that know they are already coming please click the calendar link
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=85&day=2015-10-17&c=1

TO ALL THAT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK---- you will need to pay £2 for a pass to be on the A2oc club stand via the paypal link below. PLEASE POST ON HERE WHEN YOU HAVE PAID. WITHOUT THIS PASS YOU WILL NOT BE PARKED ON THE STAND. The passes are limited so first come first served.
This £2 will also give you a chance to win a years subscription to AUDI DRIVER INTERNATIONAL MAGAZINE. This is a great monthly mag featuring all aspects of Audi products and ownership.
Link to donations:-
to follow soon so don't pay yet

As you will see there is a GALLA AWARDS DINNER held at the Hilton Swindon in the evening of saturday 17th oct. The full details of the evening will be put up as soon as i know more from the organisers. Brief description ---LOUNGE DRESS CODE(NO UNDER 16'S) -WITH A 3 COURSE MEAL FOLLOWED BY AN AFTER DINNER TALK BY THE OWNER OF THE MAGAZINE. THEN THE AWARDS ARE GIVEN OUT TO THE TOP DEALERS-SPARES SUPPLIERS- TUNERS-AND OWNERS CLUBS ETC. FINISHING IN A DISCO.

NOTE YVONNE AND I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING so if you want to attend contact me and i will instruct you in getting a table.

*************BUT WE WILL BE DOING THE PUB MEALAS PER PREVIOUS YEARS **************************************************************************
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=86&day=2015-10-17&c=1
click the above link for the pub meal and PLEASE post on here how many in your party i.e. wife/husband/partner etc

As per previous years we stay the night of the show at a hotel this year a few of us are staying at the premier inn hotel on the great western way opposite the Hilton of previous years.
http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/SWILYD/swindon-west-m4,-j16

Some of us stay the friday night as it makes a nice weekend of it.

summer sale now on at the Hilton but we booked the premier inn opposite and paid almost half the hilton rate.

cheers mike and Yvonne

MEMBERS THAT HAVE PAID FOR THEIR PASS

Hi Mike,

Would you like us to pay the £2 via the donation page? I note it says not to pay yet in your original post, but I wasn't sure if this has changed.

Looking forward to it! :)

Matt.

Sad news about Paul Harris - founder of Audi Driver magazine and the related ADI event

Cheers Spike

Yes very sad news indeed. Will make this year's ADI a poignant one for many that knew him. I didn't have the privilege of meeting him. I think Skipton knew him.

You couldn't miss his tones over the tannoy at the event though!

Hi Steve,

do do you see Contribution Actions in the menu items just below the button bar?

if so selecting this then gives you the option of selecting Contribute

image.jpg Click to enlarge

yvonne

Last edited:
Hi,

I have just paid my £2 for the A2OC club stand pass.

I have also booked Friday and Saturday at the Premier Inn indicated in the first post.

This will be my first A2OC social and first time at ADI.

Perhaps someone could explain to me as I am finding the information on the Audi Driver site confusing. What do I need to pay to get into the event? Does the A2OC stand pass cover that or is there a entry ticket charge?

Warm regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew the ADI web site isn't the best and they often don't change the year to the current year ! We all have to pay £10 per person on the gate. Hope that helps. The morning of the show we all meet up in a car park close to the circuit where I can hand out the club stand window hangers-this then let's the organisers see you are permitted to park on our pitch. These passes are limited so please add your name via the calendar link in the first post of this thread. That helps me judge numbers so I get a big enough pitch for us all to fit into.
Any other questions please ask. I really hope to see lots of new faces at this great day out. Cheers mike and Yvonne

Hi Andrew the ADI web site isn't the best and they often don't change the year to the current year ! We all have to pay £10 per person on the gate. Hope that helps. The morning of the show we all meet up in a car park close to the circuit where I can hand out the club stand window hangers-this then let's the organisers see you are permitted to park on our pitch. These passes are limited so please add your name via the calendar link in the first post of this thread. That helps me judge numbers so I get a big enough pitch for us all to fit into.
Any other questions please ask. I really hope to see lots of new faces at this great day out. Cheers mike and Yvonne

Hi,

thanks for the clarification regarding entry. I'd put my name on the calendar earlier.

As I will be in the Premier Inn on the Friday night I would like to join in on the pub meal for those arriving on Friday. I haven't decided about the Saturday evening yet.

I would be interested in a go on the track, although not having done track driving before, I can see that the performance difference between my 1.4 petrol A2 and some of the other cars that will be taking part would make my car a bit of a "mobile chicane". I can see the attraction of an A2 only track session and would definitely take part in one of those if arranged.

Warm regards

Andrew

Back