Hello

indy

Hi Everyone,

I've recently bought my first Audi A2 so joined the site to say hello to fellow owners, and hopefully gain knowledge and probably much needed guidance :)

It's the light Metallic Blue (specific name?) which I suppose is the common colour. Year is 2005 and it has covered just over 80,000 miles. It's in very good nick having been well looked after by my parents since they became second owners in 2007. It has been serviced along the way although maybe not religiously as it will be from now on.

I have lot's of questions so will have a look through the site to find out where to ask.

Phil

Hello and welcome to the club. Post pics of your A2 in the member's cars area if you so feel the need. Always nice to see new cars.

Chris

What have you got please - Tdi, petrol, SE or special edition ?. Your description of the colour sounds very much like "Akoya" - very nice !.
Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome folks.

I'll take some photo's the weekend and put them up - it's really not interesting though just basic car. I have the 1.4 TDI Special Edition - is SE not short for Special Edition? I've been busy reading through the threads an with mileage in mind, I'm probably going to need some advice on what I need to have done. I've come across Cam and Water Pump as need to checked? My parents did look after it but didn't use an Audi garage so specific problems have probably been missed.

Thanks for the welcome folks.

I'll take some photo's the weekend and put them up - it's really not interesting though just basic car. I have the 1.4 TDI Special Edition - is SE not short for Special Edition? I've been busy reading through the threads an with mileage in mind, I'm probably going to need some advice on what I need to have done. I've come across Cam and Water Pump as need to checked? My parents did look after it but didn't use an Audi garage so specific problems have probably been missed.

Hi,

All A2s are of interest to us, so please don't feel that you have to have an outstanding car, the thread is for all A2s.

As for the SE, unfortunately the SE is very different to the Special Edition. The SE has quite a high spec, the Special Edition has a slightly lower spec, but still a great car and some Special Editions do have lots of extras that were specified when new.

The cam belt and water pump really should be replaced every 5 years at the longest and every 60,000 miles or so (whichever is the sooner.

Check the posts on the thread I attached, most of the best tips and how tos are in the list in that link.

Steve B

Your car is very interesting and sort of rare. There were only ever 256 silver tdi special editions registered in the UK and 149 blue ones. You are right to be confused over the SE issue. The special editions were the last A2,s made in 2005, (a sort of "run out" model), and had the addition of climate control - nothing else. The "SE,s" had fog lights, false boot floor, illuminated vanity mirrors and 16" wheels plus a chrome ring around the bottom of the gear lever.

Welcome to a friendly club.
Ta
Dave
:)

Thanks Steve, the link is very helpful. I'll have a good look over the coming weeks. I will have to check when/if the cam belt and water pump were changed, I'd like to think so but have my doubts. I may have to change my introduction!

Chris, mine is the same colour as the one in your sig, which seems to be the most common colour?

Thanks Dave for filling me in on the difference between the two, I'm gutted I missed out on a lit vanity mirror :) It's the Crystal Blue colour then, and you've surprised me production numbers were that low. I feel a little special owning one now :)

Thanks Dave for filling me in on the difference between the two, I'm gutted I missed out on a lit vanity mirror :) It's the Crystal Blue colour then, and you've surprised me production numbers were that low. I feel a little special owning one now :)

The illuminated passenger seat vanity mirror is probably the only reason why my wife likes the A2 - a great addition for putting "lippy" on in the dark !. :)

Hi Phil,
Always nice to hear of a new member! Sounds s lovely A2 you have, be nice to see your pics when you get time!
All the best and welcome along!
Cheers Jeff

Anybody know specific production numbers and how many left on the road in my 'Common' cobalt Blue lol

Hi Jeff, and thanks for the welcome :)

I have a question.

What is going on when the windows are down! The wind seems to be oscillating between the rubber gasket which makes a racket while ruining my ear drums! :eek:

I think the word 'common' does not really apply to an A2. Yes there might be more common colours, but It certainly isn't common a common car whichever way you look at it. Having said that, I was recently in Milton Keynes and there were like 30 of them all parked in the same car park. Weird!

Chris

And every A2 there was different in one way or another, some more different than others but all special!!!

Steve B

Back