How many have died ?.

Dave M

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
Ive just been looking at the "how many are left" website to see which model cars have suffered the most in relation to "losses".
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=audi+a2
Its interesting to compare - for example 16 Special edition 75bhp Tdi,s appear to have gone but there are a total of 33 tdi 90bhp models which have dropped off the chart.
Stats are probably comparable with the amount of vehicle models sold but 152 Fsi sports have been lost which is a surprise considering how many appear to be in the breakers ads.

Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
Ive just been looking at the "how many are left" website to see which model cars have suffered the most in relation to "losses".
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=audi+a2
Its interesting to compare - for example 16 Special edition 75bhp Tdi,s appear to have gone but there are a total of 33 tdi 90bhp models which have dropped off the chart.
Stats are probably comparable with the amount of vehicle models sold but 152 Fsi sports have been lost which is a surprise considering how many appear to be in the breakers ads.

Ta
Dave

Nice work Dave!
I think you'll have to rename yourself as Special 'Branch' Edition lol

Maybe it's the boy racers buying the FSI and 90bhp models and really writing them off with little salvageable bits ;)

I find it amazing that so many our our car are still on the road after 10-15 years of service. Look at any Ford or Citroen and see how many are left after 12 years.

I find it amazing that so many our our car are still on the road after 10-15 years of service. Look at any Ford or Citroen and see how many are left after 12 years.

completely agree conrad. I think the numbers will drop progressively over this decade as cars are scrapped due to uneconomical repairs however the overall picture bodes us well for long term keepers for the enthusiast and the potential for classic status.

We need the wider Audi community and Audi UK on board with that thought so we've some work to do however it will inevitably be the car itself that governs whether it's a classic or not.

I say it is already but I'm blinkered and biased!

I really enjoyed the "million pound Jaguar" programme recently on channel 4. It was made out of alluminium and had leather seats - remind,s me of our cars, LOL.
Ta
Dave

completely agree conrad. I think the numbers will drop progressively over this decade as cars are scrapped due to uneconomical repairs however the overall picture bodes us well for long term keepers for the enthusiast and the potential for classic status.

We need the wider Audi community and Audi UK on board with that thought so we've some work to do however it will inevitably be the car itself that governs whether it's a classic or not.

I say it is already but I'm blinkered and biased!

I'd second that Murdo, a classic all day long without a doubt!!

Too true Jeff. On the programme the e-type didn,t want to start before it,s track run. If i were paying over a million pounds i,d be a little concerned !.
Ta
Dave

Back