Proud New A2 Owner

Morning, Just picked up a 51 plate A2 1.4 in silver from a dealer. I have driven it for a day when the ABS light came on, so I called the dealer and he said to see if when i left work the light was still on. Well it had gone out. Is this something that normally happens, or should I be taking it back to them? Thanks for your help.

Take it straight back, whether or not the light comes on after work. The ABS light shouldn't come on normally.

A proper scan (VCDS is the VAG system) should show a fault code. If the dealer hasn't got the kit insist that he takes it to an Audi dealer or an Indy with the right kit. It could be a several things from electronics to a sensor and those that know what they're talking about will be along shortly...........:rolleyes:

However (and I do know about this), the dealer has a duty to ensure that what you've bought is fit for purpose and I wouldn't be settling for a warning light of any description this early on the relationship with a new motor.

Good luck!

Oh, and congratulations on your excellent choice of car!

Thank you Gonzo, I have always liked the A2 and it has surprised me on how nippy it is. I will be taking it back, The only problem is i need it to get to work so I hope they can sort it pretty quick. I will keep you posted.

Pete

Totally agree with Gonzo and from ongoing experience with a car sales dealer do get written confirmation of the diagnostic.

Back