OSS Refurbishment Programme

A2 Cars

A2 Cars is proud to announce yet another first - the launch of our new service for owners of Audi A2's fitted with the optional Open Sky Sunroof system.

We have in the past carried out OSS replacements for insurance claims but have found that the cost of a new unit is so high that insurance assessors opt to write-off an otherwise perfect A2. With this in mind and also to address the very many non-operational OSS's, we embarked on a mission to offer a viable alternative to new units and a cost effective option for those wishing a fully functioning OSS. Our extensive international sunroof experience, OSS refurbishment programme and two tier OSS servicing options firmly position A2 Cars as the leader in OSS solutions.

As of today we are offering a refurbished OSS programme to address the many instances of broken or non-operational sunroof systems. The programme operates on an exchange basis in the first instance, however, some units fitted to early model A2's will need to be removed, refurbished and re-installed due to design considerations.

We have a number of OSS units in stock that have been stripped, cleaned and mechanical operating components have been replaced. All frame seals are replaced and the glass seals are renewed if required. For all intents and purposes, these units are as good as new. The only components that are carried over are the original frame, motor and sliding glass panels. Our refurbished units are covered by a one year warranty with a six month mandatory inspection service which is chargeable. The programme calls for the vehicle to be booked over two days at our workshops in Milton Keynes with courtesy cars being available where required.

The refurbishment process is a labour intensive operation and the work is carried out to extremely high standards - we de-grease and even wash the frame several times to achieve the desired standard. The operating mechanism, cables and arms are replaced with new components and the OSS is lubricated using the correct Audi lubricants. The water management is cleaned and tested prior to installation. Of course, there is much more to the process but that would be telling ;).

There are currently two cars at our workshop having this repair carried out with a third scheduled for next week. We look forward to opening many more OSS's for ...

... yes! blue skies :cool:.

blue skies
tony

Fabulous! I remember when I was looking for my car I considered an FSI which had just had a new roof fitted on warranty. Think they said 2500 was the invoice charge for a new roof.

For the interest and consideration of 'brokensky' members what does the exchange service cost Tony?

Fabulous! I remember when I was looking for my car I considered an FSI which had just had a new roof fitted on warranty. Think they said 2500 was the invoice charge for a new roof.

It was considerably more than that last year when I asked Audi for a quote. No doubt one of those parts that has increased dramatically in price of the last few years. Luckily for me The insurance company allowed me to use Tony as an alternative to Audi

Back