Timing belt, water pump, tensioners and auxillary belts

Crazylegs

I am due to have my A2 go in to have all these items replaced on Wednesday and will be picking the car up on the Thursday
Not sure on the price that most here have paid to have this work undertaken by dealers but I did try to PM and email Tony Hotstuff here and on his website but received no answer on either for a quote for the work, so I done some research and have found a local independent guy who has experience of working on A2's and is a VW/Audi Technician of 23 years, so am hoping for a good job and a good experience as having someone local to me that also knows A2's and that I can trust will be a real bonus..
He uses only OEM parts and all come with a 2 year warranty, I am also being provided with a courtesy car.

I shall report back with my findings here on the work undertaken and price paid!

Had the work done dropped car off 09:00am on the Wednesday had a phone call at 16:00 that the car was ready for pickup..
All work undertaken including Timing belt and auxillary belt changed, I had all the old parts to hand for inspection including waterpump and tensioners..

After settling up and paying my bill I proceeded to drive the car the 14 miles home in silence listening for any strange noises or problems that hadn't been there before the visit, but I needn't have worried as the car felt tight and perfectly the same as it was when I drove it there, never put a foot wrong, next morning I done a 55 mile trip into London and out again and once again perfect...
Very pleased with Robins work and will be taking my car there again in November for my service..
Robin has a small workshop but very well equipped with all the right tools for virtually every job working on Audi/ VW, Seat, Skoda and in fact had an another Audi A2 1.4 petrol right outside the workshop ready to have an engine fitted..

Robin also let me take a few pics so I could post up here on the forum.
His Website is Volkswagen Techniker http://www.vwtec.co.uk/index.html

DSC00647_zpswy1cfxtr.jpg

DSC00646_zpsjaw7rtps.jpg

DSC00648_zpsypub8xch.jpg

Its not a massive workshop but has everything to do a sterling job, I am so glad to have found someone local to me who I can trust my car too knowing he knows A2's and all the little quirks they can come with, his prices are very competitive and also does fixed price servicing too.
He was very personable and explained exactly what and how the work was carried out, with all the parts off the car ready for my inspection, he even pointed out he had seen a small problem with my auxillary heater whilst he was working on the car and showed me on the VCDS the fault coming up for it, for which I am having him sort with the service in November.

All in all a very positive experience and although a little lighter in the pocket now after it, had I gone elsewhere or to an Audi stealer I would have paid far more for the work I had carried out on my A2

The price that was charged for the work would help others?

Could you let us know if possible please?

Steve B

OK, thanks, it was just that you said you would post how much it cost you and I wasn't expecting the web site to have specific prices, that seems to be another plus for the mechanic!!

Great

Steve B

Hi Crazylegs

I have just read your post and have checked on both "hotstuff" and "A2 Cars" private message in-boxes but can unfortunately not see any PM from your username. Similarly, as I am unaware of your email address, I cannot confirm that we have received an email from you.

I notice and am pleased that you have addressed your needs to your satisfaction.

blue skies

tony

Back