Pretty gutted :(

redbull_a2

A2OC Donor
I came home from work today to find one of my roof tiles has fallen off and my A2 has broke it's fall, a dent in the roof, scratched roof, big scrape on driver side windscreen, my new front bumper and a big scrape aswell, also my wing mirror is scraped. Totally gutted is an understatement. The roof tile is approx 20 inches wide and heavy, glad in a way that I didn't has oss as that would of shattered it. I am truly heart broken. Phoned my insurance and they reckon due to age it might be declared beyond economical repair so that's a definite no no, going to get quotes tomorrow from some bodyshops. The ironic thing is I was saying at Kimbolton show how much I need the paintwork doing.

Will post pics later as I'm currently in shock.

Sorry to hear that mate it is gutting when something like that happens.

Wasn't it you asking about getting you paintwork sorted?

It could be a godsend, I would be going through the home insurance as they wont write it off on economical grounds.

I wouldn't put it through the car insurance.

Do you own you home or is it someone else insurance?

Hi Paul, gutted for you too mate, I'm sure it'll turn out for the best although it probably doesn't seem that way at the moment!
All the best Jeff

Hey Paul,
Really sorry to hear this mate, I feel it just thinking about it :( as you say if it was OSS wouldn't wanna even think of the site of it.
Anyway, sincerely hope you get something sorted swiftly.

Mo

I did ask my home insurance provider about the damage to the car and they said I would have to go through my car insurance. Can anyone clarify this ?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that mate it is gutting when something like that happens.

Wasn't it you asking about getting you paintwork sorted?

It could be a godsend, I would be going through the home insurance as they wont write it off on economical grounds.

I wouldn't put it through the car insurance.

Do you own you home or is it someone else insurance?

They are right - you make a claim through your car insurance and the car insurance company will then try and claim the repair bill back from the house insurance company.
Ta
Dave

They are right - you make a claim through your car insurance and the car insurance company will then try and claim the repair bill back from the house insurance company.
Ta
Dave

But would that still go against my car insurance, I have protected no claims. I'm going tomorrow to Chipsaway to get a quoteand see if they will quote less or the same as my insurance excess.

Paul: Really sorry to hear or your misfortune, especially as you've added so much to the car.

I'm afraid you are probably out of luck re claiming off the home insurance as you would have to prove negligence (lack of maintenance) and that the weather was not abnormal. As it is your own home then you would have to prove your own negligence! Some home insurances have extra all risks insurance (like dropping a tin of paint while decorating) but I doubt if they will extend to vehicles, but check the small print if you have that type of insurance.

Here are some others who experienced the same problem, albeit not with tiles from their own homes, and the view is they are generally going to have to claim on their car insurance unless they take out a civil action:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=710395
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/?t=92942

Good luck, I hope you one way or another can save your A2.

Ta
Dave

But would that still go against my car insurance, I have protected no claims. I'm going tomorrow to Chipsaway to get a quoteand see if they will quote less or the same as my insurance excess.

oh b0ll0x.

Sorry mate - gutted for you, but I would be surprised if your insurer would want to right the car off.
Get some quotes and I'm sure you'll get it repaired.

Again - sorry for your bad luck
Jeff

Hi paul looking at the pics i suspect it will look a lot less once it's been washed. I think a smart repairer or even a general body shop will sort it out and i really doubt it will come to right off situation.

oh b0ll0x.

Sorry mate - gutted for you, but I would be surprised if your insurer would want to right the car off.
Get some quotes and I'm sure you'll get it repaired.

Again - sorry for your bad luck
Jeff

Thanks Jeff, going to get some quotes tomorrow, hoping it will cost less than my excess.

Hi paul looking at the pics i suspect it will look a lot less once it's been washed. I think a smart repairer or even a general body shop will sort it out and i really doubt it will come to right off situation.

Thanks, can't really see the dent on the roof in the picture. Hopefully I'll get it sorted before AITP.

Thanks, can't really see the dent on the roof in the picture. Hopefully I'll get it sorted before AITP.

Back