Flora

Flora

Am the red a2tdi could Any 1 help,my drivers side door seams to stick open .and makes a dreadfully noise when trying to close have oiled made a small difference but not much anyone have any ideas on what's wrong
It's been garaged and not used for some time maybe this has something to do with it Thanks

Last edited:
This could be 2 problems. The check strap as Mo said and door misalignment which has been experienced by a few members. One or more of your hinge bolts may be loose. If you don't feel able to attempt this ( you need torx or spline drive tools) I'd suggest you take the car to a trusted or recommenced garage or bodyshop. It's a 5 minute job.

You can tell if it's out of alignment by closing the door and carefully observe the shut lines and panels for uneven seams or the door panel may be slightly out of line with the wing or the rear door.

A friendly reminder too that we operate a no text speak policy on A2OC. It's as easy to type 'anyone' as 'any1' and will be appreciated. Particularly when you're seeking help and advice.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks for that ,I've taken to the garage as not confident in doing but thankyou for the how to do ,very interesting and it's good to learn about my red a2tdi

Flora

Thanks for the advice, yes I've taken to the garage it's good for me to understand how my red a2tdi works .

Sorry about the text thanks Flora

Back