Chat Another pleasant journey in an A2

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

Look away, all of those that are fed up of my constant praise for the A2 !!!!

It was time for a short break, so we went to Cornwall for a few days.

We went in my wife's A2 tdi 90 (to save mileage and wear and tear on "the project").

We allowed just under 5 hours for the drive down there with a short comfort break.

The A2 was amazing (as usual), it was fantastic at high cruising motorway speeds, comfortable seats and a purring little engine.

When the roads were winding and quick it handled superbly and really was fun on the country lanes.

It came into its own on the single track roads (so small that it was easy to let other cars past).

On the hills (and there were some VERY steep ones) it just kept on going, slow or quick, it took them all in its stride!!!

We didn't even stop for a comfort break, the drive was so relaxing we just kept on going.

We arrived in 4 hours and were not tired or stressed in any way.

The return journey home was the same, this time just under 4 hours.

What a great car they are!!!!!

This also explains why I have been so quiet (for me anyway) over the last few days.

Picking up the project from the paint-shop soon, got to get it ready for AITP !!!

Steve B

Last edited:
I took my A2 for a 3 mile trip to Halfords today - took ten minutes. I passed the old gasworks and poundland in all its glory - loved every minute. I forgot that when i wear my nylon track suit bottoms and trainers i become massively charged with static which is possibly due to the friction whilst sat on the leather seats. When this happens i close the door with the window glass and hope that i earth myself at some point without too much pain.

Unfortunately, i forgot, and when i took the item i had bought from the nice bloke on the till it didn,t half give him a belt !. Beware when you shake my hand at AITP, LOL.

Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
Sounds interesting...any clues??

Just the wheels, they were grey and I wanted black to match in with the scheme.

I will be fitting black door blades (the lower triangular strip on the door), when they arrive this week and probably I will be removing the chrome door handles, probably! Just to get the full black and white effect.

The wheels don't look that different, but they do to me and they should look better with the black door blades on, we will see.

Before
grey wheels.jpg

After
black wheels.jpg

Side
side black wheels.jpg

It is back in the paint shop next week too, to realign and repaint the black roof bars.

Steve B

I think the black inserts do make a big difference to the appearence of the wheel. they look even bigger now and match the colour scheme well.

I took my A2 for a 3 mile trip to Halfords today - took ten minutes. I passed the old gasworks and poundland in all its glory - loved every minute. I forgot that when i wear my nylon track suit bottoms and trainers i become massively charged with static which is possibly due to the friction whilst sat on the leather seats. When this happens i close the door with the window glass and hope that i earth myself at some point without too much pain.

Unfortunately, i forgot, and when i took the item i had bought from the nice bloke on the till it didn,t half give him a belt !. Beware when you shake my hand at AITP, LOL.

Ta
Dave

I think we'd need photographic proof they're nylon Dave, are you sure it wasnt Lycra! Lol

They don't half motor over in Cornwall! I was there a few backs in the smart roadster, and even the blue rinse brigade in their Hyundai i10's were sitting at 85/90 on the A30..

Ta
Dave

Try a Mankini Dave, for static free travelling

Back