Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service flap not opening

Service flap not opening

Tried to open the service flap today but the release handle has disconnected from the latch, I tried the latch on its own and still nothing. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Try have someone pull the latch while you pull the flap
    2003 Audi A2 1.4 TDI Sport | Metallic Grey | 17" RS4's | DIS | Aero Wiper | Concert II CD Player | Electronic Climate Control | Fog Lights | Slatted Grille | Black Matrix Electric Sport Seats | False Boot Floor | Silver Indicator Bulbs | Xenon Headlights | Philips 360 LED Side Lights

3. Users that liked this post:

Colin 540 (22-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan$ View Post
    Try have someone pull the latch while you pull the flap
    Yes, and try moving the bonnet slightly from one side to the other to make sure it is central.
    The cabke operated catch is fixed to the cross member and the plastic hook is attached to the flap, so if the bonnet is put back on slightly off centre the catch will not fully release

steve B
    White (non-Factory) TDI 90 - BOSE, MFSW, DIS, cruise, Headlamp washers, rear cupholders, Votex style rear spoiler, Votex body kit (in progress), Heated (twist) leather, double DIN, Colour DIS (in progress), rear Power Socket, false floor, Auto headlights, LED interior bulbs, 18" x 8" - 9 Spoke "Sport" alloys on new 215 35 18 Yokohamas, Auto dimming mirror, heated door mirrors, 4 electric windows, Front fogs.

VCDS and Key programming service, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

5. Users that liked this post:

redbull_a2 (22-08-2015)

mine sticks all the time... i need to use a bit of force to open the flap.

when its open i can see that the little metal barrel catch sticks in its 'holder' and needs a bit of grease to free it. doesnt stop it sticking the next time i need to get in there tho!
    island green 1.4tdi se 75 | mods: nothing. nada. zilch.

There are two allen key screws that hold the realease mechanism in place,Its probably worked its way lose.

I put a post up a wee while ago.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...pare-a-thought

Hope you manage to get it open without breaking it.

Roy
    2004 TDI 90 Sport Ebony,Cruise,2 tone Bosch fanfare horns,HID's,TT pedals,
    Kirin98s imported matching foot pedal,Koni's,Brembo discs n pads,14" alloys unleashed for summer

I'm loosing patience...

Can I just rip it open to put more screen wash in and deal with consequences later?

Like put Velcro on it? Ha ha...
    Current: 2001 A2 TDI Grey
    Old: 2003 A2 1.6 FSI Cobalt Blue

The alarm possibly won't arm unless the "wedge" stays in the lock/switch.
    Daily driver-2005 Akoya silver TDI Special Edition-----------------show car yellow colour storm TDI modified.
    next social will be 16th September-AUDI DRIVER INTERNATIONAL AT CASTLE COMBE . pm me ideas for consideration please

A2OC Has a Facebook page ----https://www.facebook.com/groups/AudiA2Owners/

INSTAGRAM---TAG "A2oc" or Follow me ---- a2sumo

ALL A2'S ARE WELCOME AT CAR SHOWS/SOCIALS SO COME JOIN THE FUN

i will now have with me at socials the club decals and key rings please just ask--NOW SELLING MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE SUPPORT BANDS-SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP MEDICAL PROGRESS-ON BEHALF OF TOURANGANG(JOHN)

Quote Originally Posted by a2sumo View Post
    The alarm possibly won't arm unless the "wedge" stays in the lock/switch.

The service flap is alarmed?

Or are you referring to the handle for it in the cabin sliding in and out?

It appears my handle in cabin is not connected to anything hence flap outside not opening...

Is there a "manual override " for the service flap like the fuel door?

It was hanging unlocked previously and had no issues with alarm

I've since pressed it in to lock closed and now realised there is no unlatching it in the traditional way

Ah aha aha

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I'm loosing patience...

Can I just rip it open to put more screen wash in and deal with consequences later?

Like put Velcro on it? Ha ha...
    i had that problem recently. Just get someone to pull the handle and keep it there and push down on the flap and use force.

Obviously that is a last option but if it really won't open this should work and in my case no damage was caused.

One thing to try try first is to try and give the area between the headlamp and flap a tap with the side / palm of your hand.
    The bonnet has to be seated correctly to get the flap "hook" in the right position to open.

Steve B