Oil pressure light at low speed only

Verbdog

A2OC Donor
The wife drove down to Margate (good hour/54 miles on the M2) and all was fine until got into slower traffic when into the town. I took it out today and all fine for the first few miles then hit heavy traffic and the 3 beeps and red flashes struck. Got to my destination and parked up for about 5 mins, went home on 10 miles of good motorway traffic and no lights whatsover.

Faulty sensor?

The wife drove down to Margate (good hour/54 miles on the M2) and all was fine until got into slower traffic when into the town. I took it out today and all fine for the first few miles then hit heavy traffic and the 3 beeps and red flashes struck. Got to my destination and parked up for about 5 mins, went home on 10 miles of good motorway traffic and no lights whatsover.

Faulty sensor?

The sensors do sometimes play up on these, but if you could get it checked just for peace of mind, that would be advisable.

If the oil pressure genuinely is low due to wear, then it will sometimes come on when hot and at low revs (normally tickover)

It might save a breakdown and lots of cost just by getting it checked for pressure.

Steve B

I will get it checked. Just hoping I didn't get any liquid gasket down an oilway on my first attempt of refitting the housing.

I will get it checked. Just hoping I didn't get any liquid gasket down an oilway on my first attempt of refitting the housing.

OOPs, I hope not too.

It is not impossible, but you would be very unlucky if that was the cause.

Fingers crossed for you, chances are it is the sensor.

Steve B

Back