2001 A2 registered Oct 15 2001 will the Concert II stereo be a quadlock fitting ?

depronman

A2OC Donor
Hi,
I've ordered some radio removal tools from fleebay, but until they arrive I can't be sure if the Concert II head unit is ISO or Quadlock connections. Does anyone know from the age of the car what the connector will be ?

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul,

The A2 has ISO connectors as the connection to the stereo. No A2's left the factory fitted with Quadlock connectors. :)

Regards,

Matt.

Last edited:
thanks Matt, the Connect2 website is confusing in that they state 4 possibles for the A2, the two that you quoted and two which are nearly the same part number except the 3.2 / 3.3 is replaced with 4.2 / 4.3

It would appear that the 3.x is the ISO connector and the 4.x is the quadlock connector, strange that they are stating the 4.x from 2003 and 2005 onwards, especially as you state that the A2 was always iso, I guess it's not the first time a third part web site is incorrect :)

Thanks for the help, I will continue search ebay (found a new 4.3 unit for £25, typical that it will not fit)

Paul

Back