52 plate 1.6FSI A2 issues when warm- gutless

I've had the a2 for a while, and have been chasing problems from day one, it has had;
New manifold and actuator
Map sensor (Bosch)
Maf sensor (last week from TPS £132.50)
Bosch lambda sensor (first one pre pre-cat) on the down pipe
Rebuilt and coded ecu (showed internal IC error)
4 new coilpacks (TPS)
Plugs (several different sets) what are others using??
Egr blanked (still plugged in)

When I first start the car in the morning it's good as gold, as soon as I've covered about a mile (so some temp in it) flat, totally flat

Not flat at low revs or high revs like the manifold is sticking/not working just flat, gutless

No management light, no fault codes (I have full VCDS)

Any suggestions?

Change the plug leads. Don't buy VAG ones, they are too short by a few mm. Expect to pay around £35.00.

Let us know how you get on.

Dave

Could be a whole load of differnt problems causing that but firstly Have you had the cylinder compression checked as could be excessive bore wear, sticking piston rings ect, due too everythings fine when dead cold but as soo as it warms a little and things start expanding your problems start, ie sticking piston rings and poor comprsion, it could also be burnt out valves which wouldnt help but as the fuel runs rich on start up from cold , so would be less noticable untill warmed up a little, try running the car up from cold with the bonnet off and get a hammer , place / positon the wooden handle on the rocker cover and other end against your ear and postion over each valve location and youl hear a valve, hydralic tappet problem that way , by compairng them all youl notice affected valves ect, which may be part of your problem, and then once warmed up check again.

Gary

I have the same symptoms and I hope that you solve it as you are ahead of me in the troubleshooting and already excluded so many components. Please share your results with us.

Back