Dealer Press Brochure - Ever Seen Before?

wilco184

Member of the year 2015
Hi all,

I managed to pick this up at the weekend, and I haven't seen one before. It's a booklet sent to dealers containing press information for the dealer to use to learn about the car so that they can then pass on the information to customers looking to buy a car. It has been sent by Audi UK's press office in Milton Keynes, exclusively to dealerships and not to the public.

Enclosed in the satin wallet is a letter from Jon Zammett, the head of PR at the time informing of the arrival of the A2 into the UK, a lengthy booklet containing press information and features about the A2, a few high quality photographs of a press car (X2 AUD?) and an interactive CD containing press information etc for dealers. The CD is really quite well made, it's very interactive and discusses the reasoning behind the A2's design and features of the car. It's a shame something similar wasn't released to the public.

Anyway, it's something that's just nice to find, especially having not seen one before. Not bad for a mere £1. :p

Regards,

Matt.

What a great find Matt! Where on earth did you fidn it?

I'm sure Audi wouldn't care anymore if the contents was copied and circulated amongst some A2 enthusiasts.

X2 AUD (The actual car in the brochure) was for sale last year on Autotrader for around £2k.

Nice find Matt.

Is there any cool info in there that we may not know?

Just checked X2 AUD and sadly it is not found

Either on a retention cert or has been scrapped.

Here is a German press brochure from 1997.No CD, just photos(with positives) and AL2 info.Aluminium and Plastic casing.
The only engine mentioned in this material is the1.2 FDI of course.
No jokes included.
2306C5D8-9190-437B-9241-611960943CAC.jpeg
59FAA47E-EBCC-4D11-84A8-CC08BC67E2A9.jpeg
D4805106-B184-432A-86A6-1202B6D1A5C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Very interesting.

What is on the CD? If anything of interest, then I could be easily persuaded to host a copy on a private server, purely for educational purposes.

Cheers
Simon

I have an internal sales brochure that to some surprise actually «trashtalk» the competitors. MB A class gets most focus, but also Renualt Scenic, Fiat Multipla, Opel Zaphira and Mazda Premacy are mentioned. Unfortunately in Norwegian.

Attachments

• 858272B1-35BE-4CB9-8C9D-7A016D902259.jpeg
    858272B1-35BE-4CB9-8C9D-7A016D902259.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Hi all,

I managed to pick this up at the weekend, and I haven't seen one before. It's a booklet sent to dealers containing press information for the dealer to use to learn about the car so that they can then pass on the information to customers looking to buy a car. It has been sent by Audi UK's press office in Milton Keynes, exclusively to dealerships and not to the public.

Enclosed in the satin wallet is a letter from Jon Zammett, the head of PR at the time informing of the arrival of the A2 into the UK, a lengthy booklet containing press information and features about the A2, a few high quality photographs of a press car (X2 AUD?) and an interactive CD containing press information etc for dealers. The CD is really quite well made, it's very interactive and discusses the reasoning behind the A2's design and features of the car. It's a shame something similar wasn't released to the public.

Anyway, it's something that's just nice to find, especially having not seen one before. Not bad for a mere £1. :p

Regards,

Matt.
I managed to find one of these a couple of years ago.

What a great find Matt! Where on earth did you fidn it?

I'm sure Audi wouldn't care anymore if the contents was copied and circulated amongst some A2 enthusiasts.

X2 AUD (The actual car in the brochure) was for sale last year on Autotrader for around £2k.
I agree. I am sure many of us here would pay for the trouble to get a copy made of this unicorn CD @Fredaudi ?

Hi all,

Regards,

Matt.
I have that brochure too.

Attachments

• 10A7B22B-BC8D-4A04-9462-87D32919AD3C.jpeg
    10A7B22B-BC8D-4A04-9462-87D32919AD3C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • EEC82E98-E35E-4B84-95F7-823B759FA892.jpeg
    EEC82E98-E35E-4B84-95F7-823B759FA892.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • BAC7EE53-04DE-49CF-8B5B-EC8C36875214.jpeg
    BAC7EE53-04DE-49CF-8B5B-EC8C36875214.jpeg