Just another girl..A2

SauMart

Hello guys,

it's my first post here, but I was reading A2oc.net since I bought my piece of aluminium:)

My name is Saulius, I'm 25 and I'm from Lithuania...some of you might know our citizens not in the best way since most of you seem to be from UK :) but don't judge me :) When I was a student, I was working in the UK for the summer as well, but that is another story... ;)

About my little fellow...In early 2014's after long reading on the internet about different cars and stuff I discovered a really fantastic car - Audi A2 :) it was different from all of the cars and it has so many good things - you know that yourselves :) So after a few months of searching in Germany and Italy online marketplaces for a decent car (for the price of course, because I was a student) and a few disappointments.. I finally got a call, that "one with a damaged front is coming from Germany".. So I bought a black 1.4 TDI 75bhp after accident. It was serviced in Audi just month before accident and one month later it is mine. So the technical side of a car (excluding front damage) was quite good (new brakes, new oil and filters, etc).

My neighbour owns a garage so he made all repairs..and the first photo is before everything:

Also boot was full of water..I think that my first experience with A2oc.net was when I was searching why the boot is getting wet..and I never forgot this site since.. :)

The interior was muddy because it was a bussines car and noone was caring about the cleaning it. The cup holders were wrecked as well (as they are today also, they are very expensive! :( ) Photo during repairing:

So after a few weeks of repairs the car was able to drive again :) before going to get license plate:

Aaaanddd few hours later it has a new matching license plates! Yay! GReeN 002 :))

Few weeks later I got hood done and had to explain people that this car is made from aluminium and it won't rust even if the paint is damaged as in a picture 5 :)) bought a few missing parts, made interior cleaning and started to use it nicely :)
After first longer trip to countryside:

Many people were surprised how such small car from the outside is such a nice and spacious (mine is 4 seater) car in the inside :)
After long searches of the decent wheels I finally bought a set of R16 alloys with a tyres suitable for A2..215/40 Goodyear/bridgestones.

Since 2014 04 I was driving this little beast :) and never regreted of my choice. I also started to use spritmonitor.de to track my fuel consumption, because my fellow does not have a DIS (I don't know if I'm using this name properly ?). Since today I've done about 30k kilos (sorry, I'm better with metric then imperial system). And there was one quite big trip to Netherlands this spring...

The major repairs (without repairs due to accident) through the year and a half was:
  • changed stabilizer links twice;
  • all front suspension rubber parts, because of clunking noise;
  • axial grooving ball bearings and suspension strut storage, both sides (I hope these are correct names :) );
  • changed glow plugs before previous winter;
  • last month front and rear shocks changed from sachs advance series to sachs touring;
  • not mentioning service stuff like oil, wiper, filters, etc.

Assuming that I've reached 10 pictures in my post I need to end it. Feel free to ask anything :) and sorry for my english :)

By the way I don't know if I am in the right "forum place" so if no, maybe just move my thread somewhere else? because it won't be a show car or something like I have seen here (they are awesome!!), it's just a car, that I'm happy with and I wanted to share my experience. And will try to share it in the future :) I just want to keep it clean and going well :) cheers!

That is a great story, thanks for posting it and congratulations on rescuing an unloved A2!!!

No need to apologise about your English, it is pretty good.

Your car is one you can be proud of.

Please feel free to ask for any help and advice you need !

Welcome
Steve B

A little bump for this great first thread as it was auto moderated due to low post count and image content. Welcome to the club Saulius.

Hi Saulius,
What a great journey you're car has had and rescued just in time so well done for saving it from the breakers,
Sounds like you are hooked on your A2 already as we all are in our own little way, welcome to a great club with plenty of helpfull people, be sure to keep us posted on your car's road to recovery,
Cheers Jeff

Welcome to the forum. Great story about your A2s journey. My wife is Lithuanian :)

We have a friend and former neighbour from outside Vilnius. Lovely girl and a fantastic cook!! Straight talking to the point of bluntness though. Had a few funny moments because of that. :D

thanks for such welcoming! :)

I'd like to know which trim level my car is? I have a .pdf file with all the specifications, so maybe someone could help me to clarify this? :)

And also I have one question about the suspension. I changed from sport shocks to OEM (Sachs advance line is sport I think, while I replaced them with Sachs Touring line which refer to OEM ones). Because it became noticeably softer and less responsive in steering, but that is fine for me, because our streets aren't so good and with my 16inch+195/50 tyres I was feeling even road marking lines :) Yesterday I've read thread about springs and someone said there that it's bad to have OEM shocks with sport springs.
My springs in front are: two blue dots and one silver; rear springs: green dot and yellow/gold ones. I hope those are standard ?

Also I'd like to share how hard working sometimes my A2 is :))

redbull_a2: congratulations :) You have a good taste for cars and girls (your wife) as well :))

Cheers!

Attachments

• WAUZZZ8Z93N029943.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Thanks for welcoming!

I posted a long post and it is not showing here :/ is this so because I have got low post count?

Edited..because post appeared :)

Attachments

• WAUZZZ8Z93N029943.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
I'll take a look. If you post with attachments below a certain post count ( can't recall how many) it is auto queued for moderation. It's to protect the forum from spammed inappropriate images etc. Bear with us ;)

edit: sorted

That's a great picture! I've never seen the underfloor area used like that, you must like a apple or two!
Cheers Jeff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 427
Versatile little load luggers. I've had a single wardrobe and a 2 seater sofa in the A2. Just had my Skoda Octavia estate delivered and the Mrs asked me if a king size mattress would fit in the back of it as she has her eye on one.

I replied - probably not but it'll fit in the A2 with the seats out

yeah, you can transport quite a big things when the seats are out. And I really like it. That photo with apples was last autumn :) I'm glad that it made you smile :))

Found photo from my trip to Netherlands. As you can see there, it looks the same for today :) according to GPS we (3 guys inside+luggage) managed to reach top speed of 184km/h in German autobahn which is more than manufacturer declares :D and we safely landed.. :)

P.S. Nobody knows about spring color indexing?..

Thanks for welcoming!

I posted a long post and it is not showing here :/ is this so because I have got low post count?

Edited..because post appeared :)

Well done!!! Thanks for sharing your story. Love the photo of the apples in the boot! : ) Did you do the work yourself? Or get the bodyshop/mechanic to do it?

The A2 is a totally lovely and practical car, I'm glad you found it, and it found you. Enjoy! Greetings from London! Daphne

townlondon, repairs were made by a mechanic in a garage :) I haven't done anything, I was just a supplier for the broken parts :) Cheers :)

Welcome to the A2OC, lots of help available on here, great story of your A2 also great photo of apples in boot.
Happy A2 motoring.
Regards
Colin

Thanks, Colin:)

Yesterday a service was made for my ride @252 XXX. Another 15 000 km good to go. Hope so :) Next time it will be with the timing belt.

Also I've noticed that one of front brake line hose is damaged (the outer shell) so I'm waiting to solve this, just need a spare mechanic :)

Back