Intermittent power loss ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tactile

Hi guys this is really a question from the wife. I drive a 3.2 Audi TT everyday so getting into hers is abit slower.Anyway back to the Q in hand. She has a A2 1.6 FSI bought a month ago. Its a 2004 model with 19 k on the clock.
She has started complaining that it loses power at about 60-70 mph.
So yesterday i drove it for about 50 miles and the first thing i noticed that it was abit weak and you really had to push it hard.
At higher speeds it seemed to lose power sporadically ?
My Q is does it have a MAF like the TT ( and could this be the problem )and what is the BHP ?
If someone could answer my Q i will be greatfull.

Tactile - welcome to the forum. A polite request - please do not promote your company in your forum signature.

Thanks,

Stuart.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

Sorry about that our forum allows it and I took it for granted it was ok on here. Apologies gain !!! its removed

From previous discussion on here, you do have to push the FSi engines quite hard to get any real performance out of them. However, having said that, it has 110bhp so shouldn't struggle at 60-70mph. Our 1.4 gets up to 80+mph easily (only in designated areas officer).
Don't know about the MAF sensor - hopfully someone else will answer this bit.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Tactile-what petrol are you using in the A2? Something like Optimax may well do it some good....

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now an Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

Hi its booked in for a weeks time , it sounds like it could be the MAF sensor , she dosen't put optimax ( i USE iT )

The FSi engine needs 98RON unleaded. If you only use standard 95, there is apparently quite a difference.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Cheers Rob it does make a difference in my TT she has been using 97 Ron the super unleaded. The other thing is on a TT if you drive it around town the engine shuts down partly and to reset it you have to hold the key in the ignition for 3 secs only when its cold,

quote:Originally posted by maersk

The 3.2 engine was designed for 95 ron unleaded ( I understand)
Not that i,m aware of. Optimax gives me quicker respose.It stands to reason the higher the octane the better the engine performs, thats my understanding

i had the same problem on my 1,4 TDi but after 75.000km!!! I changed the air debitmetter (the electronic device which meassure the quantity of air flow into the engine). Normaly the air must be arround 1000mm, my old debitmetter opened only to 500mm => loss power. You can try to change that part. You can try one reconditioned and must take back the original one and will cost you around 200EUR, otherways the pryce can be arround 300EUR.

A2 RSline 1.4 Sky|Nav|Winter|ABT

Cheers Anddy its still under warranty and i just needed abit of background info so i am not fobbed off by the stealer !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back