alloy wheels

Johnpug

how much should I ask for 15 inch chrome alloys of a se with 4 continental tyers 2 like new other 2 very good hope you can help as I don't know where to start with these wheels.

This add on eBay has had no takers at £49 so bear that in mind
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-Polish...-Seat-Skoda-/231714569898?hash=item35f343beaa

There are others with tyres at £51 each wheel/tyre, also not sold.

SO perhaps somewhere in between perhaps?

But the condition of the wheels makes a huge difference. if they are at all "ropey" then their value plummets.

Ideally this thread should be on the Marketplace because I suspect that it will turn into a for sale advert.

Steve B

cheers.dont take offence but are anything on this car worth anything remember im only asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers.dont take offence but are anything on this car worth anything remember im only asking.

No offence taken. Well not by me anyway. :p

there's plenty of items on the A2 'worth anything' so much so we are concerned by recent and inevitable breaking of older cars for the sum of their parts. Particularly if there is a bit of spec. Leather interiors trade from 300 up to nearly 1000. A votex body kit in unused condition has also been known to trade for near 4 figures.

But routine stuff like 15 "alloys in fair condition with decent tyres don't tend to fetch great money unless they're in mint condition.
Keep a watch on eBay for VAG 100PCD 15" rims and you'll be able to judge a fair pitch.

Last edited:
No offence taken. Well not by me anyway. :p

there's plenty of items on the A2 'worth anything' so much so we are concerned by recent and inevitable breaking of older cars for the sum of their parts. Particularly if there is a bit of spec. Leather interiors trade from 300 up to nearly 1000. A votex body kit in unused condition has also been known to trade for near 4 figures.

As with mentioning BL**chipspares Murdo its probably best to keep these figures quiet as it may do more harm than good in encouraging the breaking of A2's.

I recently bought x2 15" polished alloys (no tires) from a member for £10 each as spares.
Fairly good condition but needing refurbishment as the lacquer was flaking in a few places.

Out of curiosity, are they 5 1/2 J or 6J - this should be marked on the hub on the reverse?

chris N

As with mentioning BL**chipspares Murdo its probably best to keep these figures quiet as it may do more harm than good in encouraging the breaking of A2's.

Fair point duly noted. I wasn't sure how to respond to the OP without a couple of relevant examples. I think we're agreed though that there's things on these wee cars that's worth something! !?

Most definitely!!

As long as the good ones are not being broken for parts and the really bad cars keep the good ones on the road then I think the future is bright.
There has to be a good supply of used spares to keep others on the road so the breaking of some A2's is inevitable in my eyes and i'm not ashamed to admit that I am now breaking my second A2 albeit both have had good cause to be broken.

What is just heartbreaking though is when you see high spec low mileage examples being broken by the big breakers because the cars are worth more in parts.

Last edited:
Ok thanks guys as long as they are out of the house it gets the wife of my back so any price will do lol.

Back