Information One touch window operation fix and pairing your existing keys

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

I am just posting this so that it can be added to the How To index.

If your car battery goes flat or if you have had to disconnect it, it will stop the remote locking from working and also stop the "one-touch" opening and closing of the electric windows.

To correct this is very easy, but some people may not know how.

Firstly the keys.

As long as your key has been paired in the past and was operating the remote locking, the following easy process will get them working again.
Put one of the keys in the ignition, turn it on then press the unlock button on the key fob, job done!

Just repeat with the other keys, but as I said, this ONLY works if the keys were previously paired to the car. It won't work on any replacement / new keys that have never been coded to the car.

To set up the one touch open/close of the windows

Turn on the ignition, press the window switch to open the window and hold it down for a second or two after the window has fully opened, then immediately lift up the switch to close it again, also holding it up until a second or two after it has fully closed.
That resets the throw, which would have been affected by the battery going flat. You should now have the one touch operation of the windows working again, a long hold and the window operates fully (open or closed depending which way you operate the switch)

Steve B

Hi,

I am just posting this so that it can be added to the How To index.

If your car battery goes flat or if you have had to disconnect it, it will stop the remote locking from working and also stop the "one-touch" opening and closing of the electric windows.

To correct this is very easy, but some people may not know how.

Firstly the keys.

As long as your key has been paired in the past and was operating the remote locking, the following easy process will get them working again.
Put one of the keys in the ignition, turn it on then press the unlock button on the key fob, job done!

Just repeat with the other keys, but as I said, this ONLY works if the keys were previously paired to the car. It won't work on any replacement / new keys that have never been coded to the car.

To set up the one touch open/close of the windows

Turn on the ignition, press the window switch to open the window and hold it down for a second or two after the window has fully opened, then immediately lift up the switch to close it again, also holding it up until a second or two after it has fully closed.
That resets the throw, which would have been affected by the battery going flat. You should now have the one touch operation of the windows working again, a long hold and the window operates fully (open or closed depending which way you operate the switch)

Steve B
Great info just solved my last problem

Alex

Back