Page 196 of 222 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2211

Thread: Today I.....

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I want mine to bleep

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    There is a "how to" in the index thread for this (and other options) for those that have access to VCDS. Just in case you get impatient. But Tom can do it in two ticks.

Steve B

A link to the "how to"

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...out-on-your-A2
    Last edited by Birchall; 17-04-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks for the link Steve but I'll leave it to the experts and stick to the machanics side of things 👍

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

A very sensible approach, I just posted the link for the benefit of anyone with VCDS or if someone local to you have VCDS.

If in doubt, leave it out!

LOL

Steve B

Today ive had it confirmed that a post on how to add pictures from scratch is not in the 'rest' section.
    This is after looking for it since Nov 2015 and being repeatedly informed that it was.
    Thanks Vonnie.
    Graham , not a blind idiot from Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by depronman View Post
    the trick is to remove the gearbox flange and refit it after fitting the gearbox, ask me how I know I learned the hard way
    How does the flange come off Paul? I see there is a hex recess inside it. Does it unscrew?
    2002 A2 SE TDI 75bhp Standard Spec

Quote Originally Posted by safetyfast View Post
    How does the flange come off Paul? I see there is a hex recess inside it. Does it unscrew?
    There is an Hex (Allen screw) inside of the flange, clean out the grease and you will see it, give the Allen key a good tap to ensure it displaces the grease an undo it, the flange can then be pulled out. Note that if you have not drained most of the gearbox oil it WILL spill out of the gearbox once the flange is removed
    Paul (Depronman)
    1.4 TDI 2001 287,347 miles and still going strong

Today I replaced the rear wheel bearing - peasy job which took about 40 minutes including clean up afterwards. Was helped by having replaced the rear drums only about 8k miles ago so they came straight off without any swearing.

Peace and quiet returned to the cabin :-)

Simon.
    2005 TDi 75 with Opensky.
    Now with heated seats and DIS - thanks to Timmus.

8. 2 users that liked this post:

Darren C (22-04-2017), Jeffers66 (22-04-2017)

Today I'm enjoying some oss weather

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

10. Users that liked this post:

Darren C (22-04-2017)

Today I washed and polished the car. It looked like new shining in its pearlescent Mauritius blue with the alloys like new. Lovely drive through the countryside to drop my son off at a trampoline party in Stevenage. Away from the car for 10 mins, come back and some s@d has etched their white car down the nearside passenger door and across the real wheel arch. No note left nothing. Not happy and too much to polish out sadly, but on a positive note no dents. Despite doing 20K miles a year in mine (currently on 85K miles since new) I try my best to keep my A2...well A1.

Anyone know where to find touch up paint in Mauritius Blue? Nothing in Halfrauds.

Paul

Are you sure it won't polish out, if it's the white paint from the other car then it will come off with a machine polisher, if it's the White primer of your car then it won't. If it's the former then anyone with a rotary or DA polisher may be local to you to help out
    Audi A2 TDI SE 75. 2002
    Audi TT 180 quattro 2003
    Fiat500C 2013
    VW Golf GTI MK1 1983
    FORD S-max titanium auto 2015