Today I.....

sco

A2OC Donor
A thread like this is popular on the TT forum I frequent so wondered if it would gain momentum here - basically post anything A2 related from admiring the curves, to giving it a wash to fixing a problem.

Today I give my A2 it's first service in my ownership; Oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter done and just fuel filter to go. Found a few 'bodges' along the way - vacuum pipe disconnected just before the MAF, scuttle drain pipe pinched by the air intake pipe (which way should it run?) and missing fasteners from the under-tray up into the wheel arch.

Simon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I ..... Was working in Holland and didn't get home until 10:30 PM so didn't get chance to prepare "the project" for ADI !!!!!
I particularly wanted to clean the white on the seats which is showing a bit of grime with my car being a daily driver these days

I was VERY lucky though, I fitted my modified headlamps before I left and had to guess at the alignment in broad daylight.
Boy was I relieved when I took the car out in the dark for the first time and the alignment was spot on !!!! Very lucky, I couldn't adjust them in time for the morning if they had been wrong, and I will need them on when I leave at 6am tomorrow!!!!

As for the headlamps the "DRLs" will not be to everyone's taste, I am still not happy with any of the ones available, these are brighter than the white tube type but they look a bit small!! We will see, but I am loving the Bi-Xenon projectors, at last I have decent illumination on my A2!!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow, hope the weather holds.

Steve B

Last edited:
Scotchlocks - good idea in theory but in practice usually cause grief sooner or later!
Yes, I couldn't agree more. I never use them.

I would imagine that Timmus has nightmares about them.

Steve B

Hi Simon,

If it helps the i used a plastic tie and attached the scuttle drain pipe to the air box pipe which runs down to the air filter box. That way the drain end of the pipe is directly over the pre made holes in the engine undertray and allows the water to drain away.

Ta
Dave
:)

Thanks Dave - I'll try and replicate something similar.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

If it helps the i used a plastic tie and attached the scuttle drain pipe to the air box pipe which runs down to the air filter box. That way the drain end of the pipe is directly over the pre made holes in the engine undertray and allows the water to drain away.

Ta
Dave
:)

Today I picked up some leather seats from A2Steve, gave them a clean and condition and then fitted them - well pleased with how they look. Did some more jobs including changing the fuel filter and getting a set of new tyres fitted.

Hope all the ADI attendees had a good day.

Simon

Today I picked up some leather seats from A2Steve, gave them a clean and condition and then fitted them - well pleased with how they look. Did some more jobs including changing the fuel filter and getting a set of new tyres fitted.

Simon

Glad you are happy with them Simon and was good to meet you.

Today I clocked over 111,111 miles on the way to ADI bit also timed it so that the tripometer was also showing 11.1 miles...sad but little things

2j6a1b9.jpg

Simon

Where in Northants are you?

Today I... fixed my sunroof. Weird one, ever since I bought the car only the front section has opened so was waiting till I visit A2Cars next week to get it fixed - tried it today and it opened fully. All I can think is that the glass was stuck to the seal and jacking the car up in the garage distorted the bodyshell enough that it partially unstuck it.

Simon.

Reactions: kel
Today I... fixed my sunroof. Weird one, ever since I bought the car only the front section has opened so was waiting till I visit A2Cars next week to get it fixed - tried it today and it opened fully. All I can think is that the glass was stuck to the seal and jacking the car up in the garage distorted the bodyshell enough that it partially unstuck it.

Simon.

Yes, that is common, but most people (including me) are too frightened to try to release the rear section.

I just gave mine a tap as the front section just started to try and lift it. You need to lubricate the seal with the right type of grease (and just a bit of it) or it will stick again.

Even after mine was released it used to make a "gritty" noise when it opened, that was the seals sticking again, all lubed up now and working fine and silent (but the genuine grease from a dealer is not cheap!)

Steve B

Back