Steering wheels

Stuebydoo

A2OC Donor
Has anyone got pictures of all the steering wheel options available for the A2? Ideally price info on what it might cost to change as well, and also opinions on what you personally think is the best wheel to go for please.

I'm thinking about changing my standard leather wheel to a 3 spoke sport one, and also want to change the slip ring as well, so might consider MFSW options too.

Thank you ;)

Hi Stuebydoo,

There are absolutely loads of Audi steering wheels that will fit your A2, but if you're looking for a steering wheel that was available for the A2 from factory, your options are somewhat more limited.
The 4-spoke steering wheel was the standard. On base models and Special Edition models it was plastic and on SE models it was covered in leather. It was also available with multifunction; the buttons being integrated into the sides of the airbag unit.
The 3-spoke steering wheel was fitted as standard to Sport models but was available as a paid-for option on other models. It always comes covered in leather. No multifunction version was available.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I seem to be slowly turning my SE into a Sport. Since I will need to change the slip ring (it's clicking when turning the wheel) I thought I might as well do the wheel too. It's a shame more A2s didn't come with multifunction wheels.

Hi Tom,

I seem to be slowly turning my SE into a Sport.

My A2 is pretty much an SE/Sport hybrid too - it started life as an SE, but it's now got the DIS, the sport gearstick and the sport 3-spoke steering wheel, and I'm running on Sport ride-height springs! But I still have the SE leather seats, and of course the SE came with things like front fogs as standard. Best of both worlds I like to think...

I didn't realise only the sports had DIS. Was a little disappointed when I went to see the car I eventually bought, but the condition was much better. Hopefully I'll get DIS in it one day too. Did you change the gear knob to a sport one?

I didn't realise only the sports had DIS. Was a little disappointed when I went to see the car I eventually bought, but the condition was much better. Hopefully I'll get DIS in it one day too.

Sport models had DIS as standard, but it was possible to have it as an extra on all other models if you checked the box. DIS can, of course, be retrofitted, so buying a second hand A2 without DIS is no real issue.

Cheers,

Tom

One more question (sorry :) )

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the following soul black steering wheels?

VU5Vt8C.jpg

For example, what is the difference between 73G and 25D?

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the following soul black steering wheels?

VU5Vt8C.jpg

I could stand corrected but I'm sure that part is the rest of the interior trim code as some are two tone and not all black!
Cheers Jeff

It could be.....

Soul black - plastic surround 4 spoke
Soul black - leather surround 4 spoke
Soul black - sports leather 3 spoke
Soul black - four spoke - multi functional

A quick call to a dealer will possibly differentiate between the four ?.

Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
Hi there - I will be fitting a three spoke wheel to my a2 also. Can anyone tell me what exactly is need to fit. Do I need to fit the three spoke airbag cable instead of the 4 spoke version and will the slip ring need to be changed.

Cheers Dave

Thanks for your help - that's great. Do you know the significance of the letter after the part number as there are two specified?

Cheers Dave

Dave is absolutely spot on. However, before order a loom, buy the wheel you want. The vast majority of second hand A2-compatible steering wheels that I've ever bought - and I've bought a fair number of them! - have come with the necessary loom.

Cheers,

Tom

8Z0 steering wheels are not unique to the A2 (think they are also used on A8s for example) and as you found, there are a few Soul Black versions. Best guess is that while the basic colour is the same the leather type or style (perforated, full or part) could be the difference.

Cheers Spike

Perforated could be different...

I've seen some S3 wheels, and also a A6 Allroad one with multifunction. I did a quick search for colour codes, and the TT guys have options for different colour stitching too.

Thanks Tom for advice but have two already and neither has a cable unfortunately hence the question.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Audi's price isn't bad on this occasion, I don't think. Given the cost of connectors and pins, I may not be able to manufacture such a loom for less than Audi want for the genuine article.

Cheers,

Tom

Perforated could be different...

I've seen some S3 wheels, and also a A6 Allroad one with multifunction. I did a quick search for colour codes, and the TT guys have options for different colour stitching too.

If you go for perforated you could match it nicely with a A3 Sline gear knob, an easy change for a competent diy'r, I have one in my fsi,
Cheers Jeff

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 371
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 394
I have fitted an audi A3 gearknob but i had to put a jubilee clip around the existing silver metal clamp to make it fit tight on.

Back