Stockport Audi

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Just had the most bizarre conversation with the parts dept at Stockport Audi. I want a price and availability of an EGR for my car. I know that there are three options, (from memory 503M, T and R ) parts man comes up with a price, fine what is the part number? "Sorry we don't give out part numbers" ok I give him the options M T or R jobsworth comes back again sorry we don't give out parts numbers!
Net result. I will never cross their threshold again.
Got the answer from another local Audi dealer in seconds!

Yeah I found this out a while back, but when I reeled the part number off he did confirm that was correct. It's strange because they'll let you tell them part numbers to make their job easier. I like to make them work for it now and give really vague descriptions.

I've had a lot of dealings with Stockport Audi over the years and can attest that their parts department is one of the worst I've ever come across. They think they're being all posh, having the parts reception in the main showroom and keeping their customers from having to brave a trade-type counter.

It also has to be said that Stockport Audi have some of the most stuck up sales assistants too. They also have some of the nicest ones as well. It's a shame that the worst ones all seem to be in the parts department.

If you've any issues though, go and see Kenny at Manchester Audi. Top bloke.

Reactions: dlp
You will have a problem going to Kenny, he left months ago. It seems to be common practice now not to give out part numbers as you can go and look for it elsewhere once you have it. I ran into this issue at Halesowen Audi when I asked a customer to buy a clip for his vanity mirror that had broken.

Stockport Audi? never had any good dealings with them at all. Only guy that is great is John their mastertech, rest of them are idiots.

Dave, in a "separate" parts dept at Wakefield Audi, will not only give you part numbers - he will print you out a list showing the part numbers and prices. :).

Reactions: dlp
Norwich Audi have also printed off part numbers for me, But prefer norwich TPS because you can go in and watch as they search for you , plus they print off part numbers ect too if needed, and then theres the price difference as TPS are way cheaper :)

Leeds Audi and Harrogate Audi both been good for me. Never asked them to give me part numbers as normally I know.

Do Leeds and Harrogate have a "means tested" hourly labour rate Conrad. New cars command a premium of around £150 per hour but but this price is reduced heavily on older cars at Wakefield and they round it up to the nearest quarter of an hour - handy to know !. :).

Last edited:
Lived in Stockport for many years and found Stockport Audi to be terrible in all Departments with severe attitude problems and having sent me on my way with almost no brakes I never went near them again.
Next lived in Derby up to this August and was pleased with Derby Audi, especially the parts Dept. However, on changing the cambelt this summer they managed to buckle the floor pan on drivers side.
Now living in Oxford. Not been near Oxford Audi yet - a pleasure to look forward to!

Are these people for real? I cannot believe the stuff I’m reading about stockport Audi. Thank heavens my local Audi parts Dept is no where like these lot. I usually go to Finchley road Audi (North London) and I’m looked after well there, almost every visit I get a FOC item as do spend there. So, if anyone is in that area I highly recommend them, 5*.

Tip: Speak to Clive there, you’ll be in good hands ;-)

Nice1,

Mo

In my time as an installer I've dealt with nearly all the parts depts around the country. Some are complete idiots, Stockport, Halesowen, Tamworth Audi to name a few of them.

I have to agree that Finchley Road, Chingford, Manchester were excellent with me, no attitude at all and were willing to help to get the sale. Even over nighting things on a regular basis for me to arrive the next day on site for an install.

I also found VW in old trafford really snotty with me in the parts dept, telling me I must pay for the item before it was ordered and there are no returns. I'm quite happy to accept that I only order what i need because I know what I'm doing. Fortunately I found the part on ebay for a 10th of the retail price.

Being in the trade my Audi parts are fantastic to deal with I give them part numbers and they will even sell me genuine tools

Back