Wheel centres stolen.

20011.4 petrol SE, 16" 6 spokes. Some person stole my centre caps yesterday. New from Audi is £100 a set! There are some similar ones with rivet looking holes around the rim (maybe for 17" wheel?) on eBay for £18 a set. Does anyone know if they fit? Also, are the wheel bolts radius'd seat? I'm away from the car and need to order some lockers.

Thanks everyone.

The 17's centre you speak of do not fit. I had mine knicked a few years ago so my new set has my reg number engraved on them

I bought my A2 recently which was missing 3 caps and I'm finding they cost a small fortune - £100 is ridiculous. There's a set on eBay (ok...there WAS...not recently checked) for £50 but I think that's still too much, and in any case I have found one for £9 so bought that. I found another for £15ono, the breaker wouldn't accept my £10 offer so still has it on his shelf.

Reactions: bob
Thanks guys. In what respect do they not fit? The clip assembly with the spring ring looks the same, trimming off the supports. I was thinking of drilling and tapping the wheel and bolting the caps to the wheel.

Not 100% but I think the outer diameter is different - the ones with rivet holes are slightly smaller, so would leave a gap. I looked at these too, it would be great if they fitted but I found an advert with with their dimensions on it, and I had 1 correct hub cap to measure, it was about 3-4mm difference or something? I'm glad post #2 now confirms this, as it shows my measurements and instincts were correct.

Not 100% but I think the outer diameter is different - the ones with rivet holes are slightly smaller, so would leave a gap. I looked at these too, it would be great if they fitted but I found an advert with with their dimensions on it, and I had 1 correct hub cap to measure, it was about 3-4mm difference or something? I'm glad post #2 now confirms this, as it shows my measurements and instincts were correct.

Could you post a picture of the one you have left and we can possibly get the part number for you or see if we have any in our lofts, garages.

Steve B

The part number is 8Z0 601 165 F

$_57.JPG

20011.4 petrol SE, 16" 6 spokes. Some person stole my centre caps yesterday. New from Audi is £100 a set! There are some similar ones with rivet looking holes around the rim (maybe for 17" wheel?) on eBay for £18 a set. Does anyone know if they fit? Also, are the wheel bolts radius'd seat? I'm away from the car and need to order some lockers.

Thanks everyone.

The 'rivot' look ones (part number 8D0 601 165K) will not fit your 16" SE wheels, their for the sports version wheels.

I have had more requests for the wheel centre caps than any other part. Still got people on waiting list!

What beats me is, where are they all going?!

Part number 8D0 601 165K (will not fit 5 spoke SE wheels).

Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
With regards to 'where are they all going?' I'd say in the bin. These caps are pretty rubbish and have a real issue with delamination causing them to look horrible. Might have been stolen by somebody who already had some bad ones and wanted better.

Reactions: bob
Thanks everyone.
I assume that these only fit the 16" A2 SE wheel? Is there a VW / Seat wheel that has the same design wheel/centre cap? It's a bit crap that they cost so much and can be just popped off with fingernails. I'm really tempted to buy a set of the 17" ones and trim/machine them to fit. I love a challenge!

Thanks everyone.
I assume that these only fit the 16" A2 SE wheel? Is there a VW / Seat wheel that has the same design wheel/centre cap? It's a bit crap that they cost so much and can be just popped off with fingernails. I'm really tempted to buy a set of the 17" ones and trim/machine them to fit. I love a challenge!

I bought eight of these on German ebay last year, but never used them. I don't remember the price, but definitely not a £25 a piece.

Thanks everyone.

The 17" are also quite hard to get hold of and there is no way you will be able to machine them, they are plastic and have (normally) a thin metal covering.

You may also find that the centre holes are different sizes on the wheels and so the centreclips would not fit either.

You could probably get the same price for the 17" as you would have to pay for the 16" centres.

If you really do like a challenge, measure the centre holes on the wheels or the diameter of the centre "claws" of the caps, before you start.

Steve B

As above, devastated really. Will have to fit my old ones back on. Hate things like this. Worse than getting whole car stolen. Feel quite violated.

Yes, I know what you mean. It is hard NOT to take it personally, but this is just a moron that would probably cry if it had happened to them (and it may well have and perhaps that is why they needed a new set) but that would be horrific if someone could do that!

Steve B

Back