18" alloys

Hi there. New to a2oc.
Have some 18" alloys. Does anybody know if they fit? Looking at 205 40 18. 8J rim.
Or am I in dream land?
Thanks
Jay
uploadfromtaptalk1448643286029.jpg

I have 18s on my A2,

215 35 18 is as big as you can get without rubbing and that is if you have the perfect ET of around 35

Your 205 40 18 tyres are taller than mine and mine rub with 4 up (I am going to have the inner wheel tub cut away.

I am not saying that yours definitely won't fit but they are definitely too tall.

Steve B

Stunning. White and large for a daily runner. What size tyre you had on there? Just come from the A8 tdi with 20s but loving the micro machine audi

It's the bomb! Granted it looks like a greenhouse on wheels but being an audi head wanted something different and don't do other cars. £28 to the tank and 115miles and quarter tank used. Awesome. Shame they didn't do a quattro.

The a2 is awesome. Wish I'd bought one ages ago. Much more fun than the A8.

And the longer you own one the more you are likely to keep it.

Have you described it to anyone as a TARDIS yet?

It is almost impossible to describe it to someone without using that name.

Steve B

I've recently rid an audi 90 s2 powered engine. 350hp. The a2 is a little bomber with about 50whp. Know which one is more fun. And still does 60mpg

As you are not far from me (Staines) if you ever need a VCDS scan or similar you will have to pop around and I will do one for you.
Or if you need any keys pairing etc.

Steve B

You will need to check the part number on your key.

You would have the option of the newer shaped audi key if your CCCU is the later type (ending in AF for example)
You would need a key with the part number 8E0 837 220 K
(and a new blade of course, some sellers on eBay can provide one from a photo of your key blade, you need the right one for the new key fob, the old key fob uses a different length of blade.

key.jpg

I think I have some immobiliser chips somewhere, so if you can get the key and have a blade cut, I can pair it for you, but you do need to get the right key fob (there are a couple of different frequencies).

Steve B

Just an idea if it helps? My friend up north does remaps for £60. I've used and remapped about 7 friends audi and vw. I've even lowered myself to bmw but if it helps here, great. Just let me know.
His company was pdi tuning. Great bloke. Lee's his name.

Back