More help and information??

ChrisRs

Hi everyone
After some discussion with my mate Murdo........

I'm here to help you all if I can
That sounds rather arrogant...but its not meant to be.

Have a Car Cleaning question?
What product?
What do I do if.....?

Look no further..Just ask and Ill do my best to help out

Regards
Chris

Thanks Chris - good to know. Murdo drove to mine after you detailed his car, so I've seen the quality of your work. :)

My car's bodywork is generally in good shape, but the previous owners only ever took it to the drive-through car wash, meaning the paintwork is covered in a cobweb of fine scratches. It will eventually be making its way to you, though there are a few other priority things on the to-do list. My A2 is also Ebony Black, so I'm hoping you can work your magic and make the paintwork look as good as Murdo's.

Cheers,

Tom

Good timing. I was messaging Chris today not related to A2OC but it came up in conversation that there wasn't much activity on the valet and detailing section. I don't think we have too many OCD car cleaners on here , but having some expert help and advice can only be of benefit to us.

I've just ran out of alloy wheel cleaner. I've been using Bilt Hamber's product. Pretty good and lasted not too badly for a 500ml spray bottle. It's a tenner though so have you any top tips for this? I don't want anything acid based or liable to strip the coating off the brake disc hubs.

I'm also looking for a snow foam lance. Again, I'm using Bilt Hamber's foam but the lance included with my Karcher pressure washer is a bit rubbish.

If anyone does have any car cleaning questions I'd recommend asking Chris. He knows his stuff and I've never see such a collection of car cleaning stuff in my life as that which resides in his garage !

Hi everyone
After some discussion with my mate Murdo........

I'm here to help you all if I can
That sounds rather arrogant...but its not meant to be.

Have a Car Cleaning question?
What product?
What do I do if.....?

Look no further..Just ask and Ill do my best to help out

Regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

My wife's A2 interior needs a proper valet, are you ever around the Staines area?

It has leather seats (cream "Twist") and they need to be refreshed. The interior panels were quite dirty when we got the car and we had it valeted by "Professionals" but I was disappointed with their results.

The leather could do with connolising ideally.

Cheers
Steve B

Thanks Chris - good to know. Murdo drove to mine after you detailed his car, so I've seen the quality of your work. :)

My car's bodywork is generally in good shape, but the previous owners only ever took it to the drive-through car wash, meaning the paintwork is covered in a cobweb of fine scratches. It will eventually be making its way to you, though there are a few other priority things on the to-do list. My A2 is also Ebony Black, so I'm hoping you can work your magic and make the paintwork look as good as Murdo's.

Cheers,

Tom
Hi Tom
Ill gladly help you out but Spring Time is best..I need a mildish dry day..So keep your eye on the weather and give me a call
Many thanks

Good timing. I was messaging Chris today not related to A2OC but it came up in conversation that there wasn't much activity on the valet and detailing section. I don't think we have too many OCD car cleaners on here , but having some expert help and advice can only be of benefit to us.

I've just ran out of alloy wheel cleaner. I've been using Bilt Hamber's product. Pretty good and lasted not too badly for a 500ml spray bottle. It's a tenner though so have you any top tips for this? I don't want anything acid based or liable to strip the coating off the brake disc hubs.

I'm also looking for a snow foam lance. Again, I'm using Bilt Hamber's foam but the lance included with my Karcher pressure washer is a bit rubbish.

If anyone does have any car cleaning questions I'd recommend asking Chris. He knows his stuff and I've never see such a collection of car cleaning stuff in my life as that which resides in his garage !
Great minds think alike Murdo!!
Alloy Wheel Cleaner ....There are so many
However....Do you have a Morrisons Supermarket?
If so, they sell Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels for £4...Its very very good...works in the same way as Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels....a steal!!
247960.jpg
Snow Foam Lance:
Again a bargain..Just bought this for my work with my Karcher : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/Hug-...3760&clkid=2716411067873393200&_qi=RTM2065550

Hi Chris,

My wife's A2 interior needs a proper valet, are you ever around the Staines area?

It has leather seats (cream "Twist") and they need to be refreshed. The interior panels were quite dirty when we got the car and we had it valeted by "Professionals" but I was disappointed with their results.

The leather could do with connolising ideally.

Cheers
Steve B
Hi Steve
I'm afraid I don't..I assume that's in Middlesex?
Leather is easily cleaned with a leater cleaner, but needs professional leather experts to restore
I use Gliptone Leather cleaner..its really easy to use and you get good results

It really depends on the state of the leather at the end of the day

Great minds think alike Murdo!!
Alloy Wheel Cleaner ....There are so many
However....Do you have a Morrisons Supermarket?
If so, they sell Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels for £4...Its very very good...works in the same way as Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels....a steal!!
View attachment 22294
Snow Foam Lance:
Again a bargain..Just bought this for my work with my Karcher : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/Hug-...3760&clkid=2716411067873393200&_qi=RTM2065550

Thanks. Yes we have Morrisons I will get some of that and cheers for the lance recommendation. Early easter present for myself. Ha ha

Isn't that wheel cleaner stuff generally very acidic and designed for short term bling rather than long term care? When I had my wheels refurbed the company strongly advised against using any of them. We need someone with some PH strips to dip the stuff and see how strong it is I suppose.

Simon.

Bilt Hamber auto wheel is PH neutral which is one of the reasons I use it. Not sure about the wonder wheels however if Chris recommends it I'm sure it's not a harsh product. You're right though - many alloy wheel cleaners are acidic which is why you need to choose the right one for regular use.

Isn't that wheel cleaner stuff generally very acidic and designed for short term bling rather than long term care? When I had my wheels refurbed the company strongly advised against using any of them. We need someone with some PH strips to dip the stuff and see how strong it is I suppose.

Simon.

Hi Simon
There are a couple or three versions of Wonder Wheels. The one I recommended to Murdo is a brake dust/iron fall out remover (Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels)
This is pH neutral and is similar to most Iron dissolving products...Others are Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels, Car Pro Iron X, Power Maxed Iron Out...etc..etc.
Other wheel cleaners fall into two other categories..Acidic, aggressive cleaners like the one you are talking about and more everyday non acidic cleaners that are mild but effective for weekly washes..Valet Pro Bilberry is one such product

Last edited:
Thanks for this Chris.

So far I've been adopting the approach of sealant and wax to make the dust easy to rinse off during normal washing.

Simon.

Thanks for this Chris.

So far I've been adopting the approach of sealant and wax to make the dust easy to rinse off during normal washing.

Simon.

I guess the other option is to also consider Ceramic pads, more expensive of course but spread over the lifetime of the pads you probably save a bit by not having to clean them quite so often? and they are supposed to be better pads than standard too.

Steve B

Thanks for this Chris.

Simon.
That's fine
The more protection you have, the easier to clean they are too
I use a Ceramic Wheel Sealant on my car (Carbon Collective Platinum) and top that with Wheel Whores Wheel Wax every so often...or just spray with Sonax BS Detailer QS

Hi Chris

Do you know of a relatively low cost option of restoring the plastic exterior trim window rubbers on the A2? I keep my paintwork well maintained but my rubbers are looking very neglected and are letting the car down. I'm looking to restore them rather than just cover them in gunk.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Steve

I thought of "Back to black" Steve but like you say - its a form of gunk and would possibly wash away quickly ?. Ive just removed the chrome trim on my car and rubbed the rubber surround down with paint prep fluid. It seems to look a bit better and a lot of dirt came out but it would be interesting to hear a professional valeters opinion. :)

Last edited:
There's a good YouTube video by a company called Chemical guys or something like that and they are showing their trim gel product with wonderful results but it doesn't seem to be available in the UK.

Hi Steve
Rubbers can get quite hard with time
I clean mine with Gummi Pflege ...It really is good
Read first and buy here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Einsz...-100ml-Rubber-Treatment-Roll-On-/161796832534

EDIT
Just reread it and you said Exterior trim
The best is GTechniq C4
Read this:
http://gtechniq.com/products/c4-permanent-trim-restorer
Buy here:
http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/c4-permanent-trim-restorer.aspx

Thanks Chris. Although a little more expensive than I thought it would be, it does sound like it's worth the money. I think I'll be giving it a go considering the 2 year expected lifespan. In your experience is the 15ml enough to do more than one application?

Back