A2 in musselburgh with white lights

jambost

Looking to speak with the owner of the A2 in Musselburgh area who has upgraded their headlights from the dim yellow to near white lights.

Hi Steven,

Yeah it was a silver A2 I saw, my wife and I own a A2 in castle red (copper/bronze/brown depending on the light....). So the h7s are nightbreakers, are they the unlimited versions? Do you also have white side lights and if so what are those? ive been looking at replacing the sidelights as well with led ones but not sure what will fit.

cheers
stuart

Yes they are and it I mind the sidelights are also Osrams will try and find out tomorrow for sure.Where about are you in Musselburgh.

I'm actually just outside Musselburgh in a wee village called Old Craighall (in the new housing - getting on for 10 year old now though)...

I was just down at Weatherspoons in Musselburgh today and spotted a Silver X reg A2 with the 15" polished rims, the guy looked like he used the rear bumper to tell him when he was parked up against a post, the number of small dents in it was unreal, add to the scrape on the front and rear wheel arches it looked a mess. You've maybe spotted it going about, its currently got 1 black wheel and the rest are chromed.

Just looked at your album, nice wheels by the way!

Cheers
Stuart

Yes I have spotted the car as I use the road when heading to Cineworld. You should see the inside as there are a few changes inside which are still on going.

If you fancy a wee meet let me know as I could come to yours at a weekend sometime.

Cheers

Steven

I see you also did some kind of car show/day trip with a couple of other A2 owners, was that organised through this web site? I used to be involved back in the day with a Mini club in Musselburgh, but that was about 20 odd years back and have always fancied getting involved in something like that again. The A2 is one of those unique cars that lends itself to that type of club.

I'm starting to look into getting stuff on the car sorted, the drivers door microswitch is knackered, the cd changer in the boot no longer links to the head unit (I've played about with the cable and not sure if its the cable from the head unit or the cable from the changer that is at fault), i'd like LEDs inside the car, and possibly change the reversing lights to LED as well as change the number plate lighting over to LED as well. A set of speakers in the rear doors would be nice too. The passenger sides electric window plays up occasionally but I think its down to the switch rather than the motor, I'd also like to replace the worn buttons on the AC and the electric window drivers buttons. It sounds like a piece of **** eh, but generally the car looks good apart from the above!

I did get the wheels refurbished back in 2012 by a crew up at Sighthill Ind Est who promised me that they would blast the old paint work off the wheels before repainting them, however a couple of years after getting them done the Wife kerbed one of them pretty badly and exposed the shoddy work, they had actually painted over the top of the old ****, wasn't happy but too late to get onto them as they had gone out of business.

Did you manage to track down the LED side lights ?

Let me know a day and time that suits you and you can spin by the house.

Cheers
Stuart

I see you also did some kind of car show/day trip with a couple of other A2 owners, was that organised through this web site? I used to be involved back in the day with a Mini club in Musselburgh, but that was about 20 odd years back and have always fancied getting involved in something like that again. The A2 is one of those unique cars that lends itself to that type of club.

Cheers
Stuart

Check out the events section, we have several socials that we attend as a club and we are currently getting 30 A2s turning up.

Audis In The Park and Audi Driver's International just to mention two and we are starting to spread our socials geograohically (Saltaire on Sunday 22 May is the place to be!) with other events dotted around the country in the pipeline (I am sure that one at least will be in Scotland soon)

Steve B

Hi Chris,

Can I ask what H7 bulbs you run? Are they a good match to the LEDs you linked ?

Cheers
Stuart

Led sidelights

Hi Stuart,
These are what I have fitted to mine.I should be off next weekend if you fancy meeting up at yours let me know.

Cheers

Steven

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 31-01-16    21.16.58.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 31-01-16 21.16.58.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 236
I have stock H7s. Did get Nightbreakers once but they packed up after about 6 months and didn't really increase visibility that much. So I'm on Philips eco vision, long life now.
I did experiment with HID H7R replacements but the light splatter was too much for my liking, and probably the police/MOT/insurance guy too.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, its given me food for thought on if I should swap them for the Osrams, however I may just try them anyway and see how long they last. I have a very short commute to work and back so they may last longer if they are not on for very long at a time, who knows but that's how i'll justify them !!

Cheers
Stuart

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the info, just ordered some from fleebay along with some osram h7 nightbreaker unlimited. Hopefully they will arrive by the weekend. If you are off this weekend and fancy a meet up on Saturday afternoon then that would be good, let me know if this is okay, else I could do Sunday morning.

Cheers
Stuart

Hi Stuart,
Just wondering if you are still up for a meet this weekend Sunday wood suit me fine what is you house number or mobile so can contact so sort out a time.

Cheers

Steven

Back