Wheelarch/Side member trim

A2Z3

Hi,
I have a crack in the front part of the side member trim/side skirts. I cannot find this part as a seperate piece. Seems like the front wing comes without this peace, and the same goes for the side member trim. Any ideas what this black plastic part is called, or where to order it?
plastdingsefaen.jpg

Hi,

If you mean the long black plastic sill that goes from the front wing to the rear wing under the doors, that part is available from Audi and it was only around £45 when I bought mine a year ago. You will find several on eBay (secondhand) for more than the cost of buying them new from Audi.

You might need to also buy the thinner plastic piece that covers the mountng screws on the top because the tabs that hold them in place often break.

Sorry, I have just noticed the circled area in your picture.

Steve B

Last edited:
Steve, I've just deleted my post because although the front corner 'black bit' is part of the wing, the rear is separate. Found this out when looking for pics on ebay to illustrate this.
This is the e.bay pic which showed my initial assumption was wrong - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A2-F...962398?hash=item1eaa68041e:g:GokAAOSwYHxWJ-s4

Cheers Spike

Hi Spike,

I have edited mine too. I knew that either the front or the back wing had that moulded in.

Cheers
Steve B

Hi,

It's not part of the wing, the sill cover is in two sections, the long part runs under the doors and front lower wing and covers the wing fixing bolts, the other part is the small section that fits in front of the rear wheel,

Hi,

It's not part of the wing, the sill cover is in two sections, the long part runs under the doors and front lower wing and covers the wing fixing bolts, the other part is the small section that fits in front of the rear wheel,

Just looked at the spare wings in my shed. You are right.

A new sill is needed.

Hi,
Aswell as the sill cover (Audi call it a side member trim part no 17) you will also need parts 26 & 27 (cover trim) because as Steve B points out the clips on these break upon removal,
b1c757ed4af43e0d369ed2016efdc6ef[1].png

replaced the sill moulding today and after reading the comments here thought i would need to buy the 2 cover parts 26 and 27
using a dremel i cut most of the old lower sill off which allowed me to unclip the cover parts without breaking the clips

happy days!

replaced the sill moulding today and after reading the comments here thought i would need to buy the 2 cover parts 26 and 27
using a dremel i cut most of the old lower sill off which allowed me to unclip the cover parts without breaking the clips

happy days!
Hi Bentley,

That is a great tip, thank you for posting it

Steve B

Back