Oil Pressure Sensor Faulty?

sinlessUK

Hi

I'm currently experiencing the 'Oil Pressure Warning' on the DIS. The car has just done 40 miles, no engine noises, temperature on dash normal. It seems to come and gone as it pleases. Been into garage and the plan tomorrow is replace the Oil Pressure Sensor, even though they couldn't get it to come on and had hooked it up to their diagnostics machine and everything’s fine.

Is this the signs of a faulty sensor, surely if it was the pump the light should stay on and the engine be fried by now.

Kindest Regards

Hi,

You're correct, it's most likely the oil pressure switch. :)

I've had exactly the same symptoms on my FSI. If you remove the electrical connector for the pressure switch on the front on the head, and there's oil inside, then it's almost guaranteed the fault is with the switch. The replacement switch isn't too expensive from Audi; I'd recommend using a genuine item as it's such a safety critical function.

Regards,

Matt.

Hi,

You're correct, it's most likely the oil pressure switch. :)

I've had exactly the same symptoms on my FSI. If you remove the electrical connector for the pressure switch on the front on the head, and there's oil inside, then it's almost guaranteed the fault is with the switch. The replacement switch isn't too expensive from Audi; I'd recommend using a genuine item as it's such a safety critical function.

Regards,

Matt.

Thanks Matt. That's the green sensor top right of engine?

Yep, that's the one. It's got a single wire going to it and a big-ish nut. :)

Regards,

Matt.

I've fixed this recently too. I bought a new oil pressure switch. It solved the problem.

Back