New Audi Q2

audiq2teaserfbook.jpg

Attachments

• Ca2uUXqXIAACoVf.jpg
    Ca2uUXqXIAACoVf.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 327
I think Audi need to put some proper design into their Q cars rather than the slab sided aggression we've seen thus far.

An example of a company that seems to have got that message is Mercedes with their new GLC (as opposed to their crass "coupe SUVs").

Hi Seve.

Hope you're well.

I think that was a TT crossover concept? TT 5 Door.jpg

But yes, can't wait to see it in the flesh! :) And hopefully, the A2 will follow!

Regards,

Paul.

I'd sooner drink bleach than drive or own that Q2 if it looks like that. I can't stand the obsession with SUV style vehicles anyway and that just looks idiotic. Maybe I'm the outlier here now but I just don't get what Audi is doing with its designs anymore or what it's trying to achieve. To my eyes Audi is becoming all about size and brashness, conspicuous consumption and "look at my grille" rather than Vorsprung Durch Teknik. Where's the innovation? Quattro? Lightweight materials? Efficient design?

I'm with you, Dan. I don't especially care for the aesthetic or philosophy behind modern Audis. I don't let this diminish my love for the A2, though. :)

I think those illustrations were all of the TTQ concept. From what I understand the Q2 is much more likely to look like this:

audi_q2_watermarked.jpg
(Taken from this site: http://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84 )

Audi have also released a couple of teaser videos:

[video=youtube;McrBzl4GWm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McrBzl4GWm0[/video]

Although as you expect they are not revealing much!

It's also mentioned here: http://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120 That it will be revealed on March 1st.

The rugged looking crossover is smaller than an A3 Sportback and weighs just 1205kg. It comes with a choice of six drivetrains and optional quattro four-wheel drive. Audi says the new model has been built to cater for the demands of young, urban drivers, and hopes it will draw new buyers to the brand. As such, it gets a distinctive exterior that introduces several new design traits.

At the front there’s a new single-frame grille with polygon details, and the headlights are slightly more squared off than those of recent Audi models. Further back there’s an R8-style blade on the C-pillar, and the taillights premiere a new design with Audi’s latest swooping indicators.

The car’s overall shape is distinctive in Audi’s line-up, largely due to its taut proportions, but also thanks to a hunched shoulder-line that features a unique sliced section. Designers say this polygon slice helps to give the jacked-up model a squatter stance, aided by a slim glasshouse that mimics the silhouette of a lower car.

Function follows form because the new Q2 benefits from a raft of practicality-boosting features. Audi claims that the car’s crossover roofline means interior headroom is more generous than an A3’s, and clever packaging enables the boot to swallow 405 litres of luggage. Optional 40:20:40 folding rear seats increase flexibility for storage, while also enabling that maximum volume to grow to 1050 litres.

Designers have deliberately given the bootlid a wide opening for easy access, and the tailgate can be powered.

The car comes as a five-door, five-seater only, with front-wheel-drive the default set-up. At launch, three TFSI and three TDI engines are offered, ranging from 1.0 to 2.0-litre capacities.
The entry 1.0-litre three-cylinder TFSI is borrowed from the A1 and produces a peak output of 114bhp in the Q2. Economy figures are yet to be revealed, but we expect it to offer close to 50mpg combined. Above this, Audi’s 1.4-litre TFSI comes with cylinder-on-demand technology, while the most potent petrol is a 2.0-litre TFSI that produces 187bhp.

The diesel range starts with a 114bhp 1.6-litre TDI, that’s joined by a 2.0-litre TDI in two states of tune – 148bhp and 187bhp. Again, economy figures are yet to be revealed, but we expect and average of 70mpg to be possible from the most efficient diesel unit.

As standard, the new car comes with a six-speed manual gearbox, but an S tronic dual-clutch ’box is offered as an option. 2.0-litre petrol and diesel models come exclusively with this transmission, which Audi says uses a new type of low-friction oil supply.

Drive is sent to the front wheels but buyers can opt for quattro four-wheel-drive, which comes as standard with the range-topping 2.0-litre engines. The system uses Haldex-clutch technology to enable torque vectoring and decoupling.

slack_for_ios_upload-5.jpg

audi-q2-side.jpg

slack_for_ios_upload-1.jpg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...di-q2-–-new-compact-crossover-revealed-geneva

I really like the way this is shaping up. It does look distinctive.

perhaps we could have a Q2 section on the forum?
after all it is a "2"?

Anyone seriously thinking about getting one?
We would need one owner at least to give us the edge?

Well done Audi (in my view)

steve B

Back