hello :)

Aimat

I just got an A2, 2003 1.6 FSI in dark blue. Me thinks is the storm colour but I have no real idea if it is or not.
The little car came with a name, Posh Dave.
Working on getting a full set of keys for him and making sure he's happy. I just read that the FSI needs the high octane fuel...what are the symptoms if he's not got the right fuel in him?
/wave
Thank you.

Welcome to a friendly and helpful club - please post some photo,s of your car as and when.

Ta
Ugly Dave :)

It will run better and cleaner on high octane fuel. So there may not be any symptoms.

If your car is a bit "Gummed up" it could cause a missfire occasionally and the engine light can come on sometimes, that is when you should definitely switch ASAP, but if everything is running well, use the higher octane fuels as and when you canafford to, every tank if possible, or every other tank if you want to reduce the fuel cost slightly.

Welcome to this great club, you will find lots of information on here. Try the "How To" section, on the "Index" thread there are links to lots of interesting posts.

As for the "Storm" many cars are shown as having a Storm colour, but true Storms will have the Black side bars, Black roof and bumper highlights and normally the colour panel in the centre of the seats, but other spec might have been ordered.

Have fun

Steve B

I could have sworn I posted a thank you last night...
Yay! I think I may have a storm colour, as it's got the trim bits with the exception of the seats, but I think that's because it's got all leather interior.
Great on the link for the 'How to' section, will be looking at that a bit.
Thank you for the warm welcome :)
here is a photo of Posh Dave (i've changed it to my profile photo too)
IMG_2866.jpg

I could have sworn I posted a thank you last night...
Yay! I think I may have a storm colour, as it's got the trim bits with the exception of the seats, but I think that's because it's got all leather interior.
Great on the link for the 'How to' section, will be looking at that a bit.
Thank you for the warm welcome :)
here is a photo of Posh Dave (i've changed it to my profile photo too)
View attachment 22468

Unfortunately the photo of "posh Dave" shows that it is not a Storm.

The Storm was never offered in Black/dark blue (corrected). The trim bits on Storms are in black but they always contrast against the body colour (Red, Yellow, etc. but not black)

But don't be disappointed that is a great A2 you have and my favourite colour combination of Black with the 17" 9 Spoke Sport alloys and with a leather interior too, REALLY nice.

If you have the three spoke steering wheel, the full computer display (MPG, Radio station displayed etc.) known as DIS, electric lumbar support, then you may have a "Sport", which is great.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures and we can tell you more.

Steve B

Last edited:
He's not black. He's blue. Not that I really care if it's a storm or not...but I thought it might be cool. He does have all the trim bits on the back, where there are silver highlights (on the back bumper, in the doors)
I know I have a 'sport' for sure as have all the other little gizmos you just talked about.

Back