CD refuses to eject

Josall

A2OC Donor
I have an Audio Concert in my 54 Tdi Sport

The cd player will not eject the CD, it plays with some ticking mainly at the beginning and disappears later,

When I press the eject button I get a whirring sound and the display eventually says, no cd, it then switches to the radio

If I switch the unit off and back on again it goes straight to the radio, then when I select cd it commences playing but I cannot get it to eject the cd.

Is there a way of ejecting the cd without taking the unit out of the dash?

Is it a pre recorded cd or one you have done yourself, as this can cause problems as the unit doesn't see it & so is unwilling to eject it

Oh dear I copied some tracks onto a CD, any ideas?
For some reason, copied CDs seem to stop working occasionally when the unit is warmed up.

So try it when you get up in the morning as soon as you switch it on.

It is a long short, but no harm trying.

Steve B

I cannot eject the CD no matter what I try, it sounds as though the unit is going through the motions to eject but the CD remains in the unit

Hi,

With RNSE, there is an option with VCDS to force an eject of the disc. I'm not sure if this is possible with the Concert stereo, but if anyone knows then it may be worth trying that? :p

Regards,

Matt.

Mmm, Wilco would you mind enlarging on your suggestion as it appears a bit technical to me know, apologies for appearing a bit dense

Can anyone recommend a tried and tested pair of removal tools for an Audio Concert and where I can obtain them from?

Mmm, Wilco would you mind enlarging on your suggestion as it appears a bit technical to me know, apologies for appearing a bit dense

I've just done a bit of quick research. It seems you cannot force a Concert II to eject using VCDS, unfortunately.

Can anyone recommend a tried and tested pair of removal tools for an Audio Concert and where I can obtain them from?

Unless you're going to be using them regularly like I do, any of the 99p removal keys available on eBay will do the job just fine.

Cheers,

Tom

You can use tweezers to grab the cd and help persuade it out a little, after you have pressed the eject button. Sometimes blank CDs are a fraction smaller than factory made music CDs

I've just done a bit of quick research. It seems you cannot force a Concert II to eject using VCDS, unfortunately.

Unless you're going to be using them regularly like I do, any of the 99p removal keys available on eBay will do the job just fine.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom for resolving my confusion

and

Steve B, many thanks I'll try your suggestion

Back