Door Blade - How To Remove Them And Still Available From The Dealers?

J3FVW

I'm gradually working my way through tidying my A2 up and one of the things niggling me is the drivers door blade thingy. At some point it's the end of it has clonked something and its letting things down.

Am I right in thinking it is as easy as undoing the two screws at the bottom edge of the door to remove it? Ideally I want to replace it with a new part so does anyone know the part number and if they are still available from the dealers? Failing that if anyone has a really nice used one I might be interested in that.

If you mean the door check strap then they are still available from Audi. They have gone up in price though - i thought they were around £20 ?.
http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products/Audi-A2-Door-Check-Strap-%2d-Front.html

Fitting is a simple matter of removing the two screws and a third one behind the small tweeter grill to remove the door panel. You will then have access to the two check strap bolts. It is fixed to the door frame by a pin which i centre punched out - easy job because i did it. :)

Here is a cheaper used one on ebay with the part number.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A2-D...del:A2&hash=item1c5d0e1bf8:g:Ur0AAOSwu4BV6ER9

In all honesty I would consider buying a new one as a second hand one may have a similar wear problem ?.

Last edited:
If you mean the door check strap then they are still available from Audi. They have gone up in price though - i thought they were around £20 ?.
http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products/Audi-A2-Door-Check-Strap-%2d-Front.html

yikes they have gone up in price , i bought a new check strap a couple months back and they've gone up a tenner in such a short time, supply and demand again i suppose...

You may find Sarge or A2steve may have a good one of those to replace your with, you could even try mannhattan$ as there may be a good one on the doors he has ..

I don't think it's available as a seperate part, we looked into this a loooong time ago on the German forum and I don't remember drawing a conclusion.

- Bret

Go into "settings" on the top toolbar. Click on "general settings" on the left hand side of the screen and change "sent private messages" settings to show "save a copy of sent messages in my sent items folder by default". You will then be able to see the messages you,ve sent.

Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
They are still available, from Audi, but only in unpainted black.
They are more expensive than they should be (I can't remember the exact prices but they are dear).

Also they are inferior parts, even from Audi. The new "genuine" ones are now very soft and flexible (too soft).

The old ones are very firm and just need to be screwed on (two screws each) but the new ones are so flexible you HAVE to use the sticky tape that they have on them, or the centre of the door blade will sag and there will be a gap between the centre and the door.

To be honest you are better buying used ones, they are stronger and can be easily painted.

Steve B

Last edited:
Are the plastic sills and the blades all painted? I was cleaning the car yesterday and had some flaking on the plastic sill when I had the near side rear door open. I thought it was some kind of dried residue that a valeter had used. I thought the plastics were unpainted, it never occurred to me that it was paint coming off!

I love the car but I can see it being a bodyshop regular to bring it up to scratch. I noticed some lacquer peel on a minor stone chip on the front passenger door too. I touched it in with paint to stop it getting worse.

I'm in for the long term but my wallet looks like it will take a battering!

The plastic side sills are not painted as standard. But i think they look best in body colour.
They are only just over £45 new from Audi so if you want it black and to look good then new would be as cheap as getting yours repainted. But you might need new top sill cover strips too because the tabs break on them when you take them off to remove the sills.
As for the blades they all come as black from Audi so some people paint them body colour or a contrast.
Silver actually looks good in my opinion, especially on a dark car.

Steve B

Last edited:
Back