Possible Reason For Wiper Arm Squeak

985J

New to this A2 Owners club, and have had some great advice and help form many people, thanks.

Anyway I digress, just after my windscreen got replaced the wiper motor/arm area developed a squeak even when the arm was in the up position. After months putting up with it and turning the radio on, enough was enough and a deep investigation started by pressing the lower screen cowl that surrounds the wiper arm base at which when pushed the sound nearly went. Further inspection found that the rubber bung as I describe it that sits around the wiper motor top/wiper arm base had not been seated correctly in its surrounding grooves causing it to rub against the wiper and squeak. Hurrahh peace at last.
Hope its a help to someone.

Julian

New to this A2 Owners club, and have had some great advice and help form many people, thanks.

Anyway I digress, just after my windscreen got replaced the wiper motor/arm area developed a squeak even when the arm was in the up position. After months putting up with it and turning the radio on, enough was enough and a deep investigation started by pressing the lower screen cowl that surrounds the wiper arm base at which when pushed the sound nearly went. Further inspection found that the rubber bung as I describe it that sits around the wiper motor top/wiper arm base had not been seated correctly in its surrounding grooves causing it to rub against the wiper and squeak. Hurrahh peace at last.
Hope its a help to someone.

Julian
Hi Julian,

Great to have you "on board" and thank you for posting this helpful tip, I will add it to the "How to" Index thread.

Steve B

Back