Sourcing Repalcement Concert II Knobs

J3FVW

Apologies if this question has been asked before but has anyone had experience of sourcing replacement knobs for the Concert II?

I have seen some on eBay from Germany that are listed as seller refurbished (but not new). I have no problem with refurbished parts if the job has been well done as they are a significant saving over the £18 each I was quoted by my local dealer.

I wondered if anybody has experience of what the quality of these refurbished versions are? The knobs are the missing pieces that I need before I can get my unit looking like new again.

Apologies if this question has been asked before but has anyone had experience of sourcing replacement knobs for the Concert II?

I have seen some on eBay from Germany that are listed as seller refurbished (but not new). I have no problem with refurbished parts if the job has been well done as they are a significant saving over the £18 each I was quoted by my local dealer.

I wondered if anybody has experience of what the quality of these refurbished versions are? The knobs are the missing pieces that I need before I can get my unit looking like new again.

I have never heard of refurbished "buttons" like this. I would worry about the quality and colour match, but if that is OK then it could be an option.
Do you have a link to the item on eBay please?

I do wonder though if buying a non working unit with good buttons might be a cheaper and even easier fix (i.e. just replacing the whole fascia?

Steve B

I have never heard of refurbished "buttons" like this. I would worry about the quality and colour match, but if that is OK then it could be an option.
Do you have a link to the item on eBay please?

I do wonder though if buying a non working unit with good buttons might be a cheaper and even easier fix (i.e. just replacing the whole fascia?

Steve B

Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Stuck-K...442286?hash=item2ca8ac8fae:g:izkAAOSwPcVVxzy6

A quick Google translate says they are in mint condition so it might be worth a punt? I've already sourced some buttons so it's just the knobs letting the side down.

I've already looked at getting a replacement non working unit but all the ones I saw were either snapped up or are a bit on the pricey side.

If I go ahead and buy some I'll report back on whether it was a good move or a disaster....

Ah, so you really did mean knobs and not buttons !!!

Perhaps someone on here might have some lying around?

Steve B

If anyone has some mint ones I'd gladly take them off their hands! I'm still tempted to take a chance on the German ones though so that I can be the "Guinea Pig" so to speak for future reference.

Just a quick question slightly off topic. If I was to transplant a whole front end including the circuit board and display would that affect the radio coding or is the code stored on circuitry inside the metal casing?

If anyone has some mint ones I'd gladly take them off their hands! I'm still tempted to take a chance on the German ones though so that I can be the "Guinea Pig" so to speak for future reference.

Just a quick question slightly off topic. If I was to transplant a whole front end including the circuit board and display would that affect the radio coding or is the code stored on circuitry inside the metal casing?
The code is stored in the main unit and not in the fascia. So if you change the fascia your old code is still valid.

Steve B

Last edited:
The code is stored in thecmain unit and not in the fascia. So if you change the fascia your old code is still valid.

Steve B

Brilliant Steve, thanks for that!

What a cracking club and forum this is. I've not been a member for long but the knowledge I've gained in such a short space of time is amazing :)

Well you can always rely on German suppliers to come up trumps with the goods and deliver in super quick time.

I took a chance ordering a pair of replacement Concert II knobs from the eBay link earlier in the thread and they arrived today from Germany. They are absolutely mint condition (like new) and were a smidge over £11 delivered which is a significant saving on the £18 each I was quoted by Audi here in the UK.

If anybody is planning to refurbish their Concert II as I am going to be doing in the next few weeks then I can highly recommend where I sourced mine from.

What a result!

HI
Did the buttons come complete with the internal plastic holder that slides onto the electrical adjuster? The internal part is what has broken on mine.
Thanks
Steve

HI
Did the buttons come complete with the internal plastic holder that slides onto the electrical adjuster? The internal part is what has broken on mine.
Thanks
Steve

Steve, I have a scrap concert cd player here that has a broken lcd display. For the cost of the extra post I could stick it in the box with your other item?

Back